"Jewel Cave" Jewel Cave National Monument by Dymphna1
Jewel Cave National Monument Travel Guide: 1 reviews and 10 photos
when they found the cave, or so they thought. They have found over 150 miles of cave and is the 2nd largest cave known. The crystal is not mined. It was protected by Pres. T Roosevelt as a national park. The crystals and things in the cave are spectacular.
This is a very popular tour and it is best to call ahead and get on the list to go on the tour. We had to wait several hours to get into the cave.
Now when you go through this cave and the tour guild tells you that this is your cave, would you ask him/her why we had to pay to get in? Sorry - I hate socialism.
There is a spelunking tour that has to be signed up for. In order to go on this tour it is $27 and only done every few days. In order to go on the tour you must be able to go through these blocks. She made it...... My son did not. It takes a slight person to go on this tour.
This is actually a formation in the cave. It made me hungry. 25 feet of bacon. :)
Now a warning. They have this program for children called Junior Ranger. I thought it looked great! I went and asked for a flier on it so I could put it on here. Then I read the pledge:
As a Junior Ranger at Jewel Cave National Monument, I accept my newly acquired responsibilities with pride. I promise to Preserve and protect all heritage sites I visit by...
- Exploring the significance of each site...
- Learning about the science and history of each site ....
- Protecting each site for the future generations through responsible visits...
- Telling a parent or park ranger if I see someone doing something wrong...
- Teaching others what I have learned...
Sorry - my child will not be a snitch. Nor will I teach my children to be a snitch. Take that part out of it and I would be all for it.
Dymphna1's Related Pages
Jewel Cave National Monument Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "The real treat is underground"
- "Basaic Jewel Cave National Monument Page"
- "Jewel Cave"
- See All...
Explore the World
Badges & Stats in Jewel Cave National Monument
- 0 Reviews
- 3 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (22)
Have you been to Jewel Cave National Monument?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Jewel Cave National Monument
Photos in Jewel Cave National MonumentSee All Photos (3)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Billings Intro, 34 reviews, 33 photos, 2 travelogues
- Yellowstone National Park Intro, 20 reviews, 33 photos, 2 travelogues
- Melbourne Intro, 9 reviews, 24 photos
- Anchorage Intro, 8 reviews, 24 photos
- Laurel Intro, 9 reviews, 20 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Montana Intro, 13 reviews, 13 photos
- Pryor Intro, 3 reviews, 17 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Rapid City Intro, 7 reviews, 11 photos
- Red Lodge Intro, 3 reviews, 15 photos, 1 travelogue
- Nye Intro, 5 reviews, 12 photos, 1 travelogue