"Bad boy town of the west" Top 5 Page for this destination Deadwood by Dymphna1
Deadwood Travel Guide: 76 reviews and 134 photos
It was the murder of Wild Bill Hickok. In the #10 Saloon. The door handles are pistols. Sadly it is closed right now and there is a new one across the street. In the new one they do a re-enactment of the death of Wild Bill everyday on the odd hours. Yes this is where the dead man's hand comes from. Black aces and black 8's. The 5th card is debatable.
Um, yes it is legal. It is all over! This is the bad boy town! Up until 1980 their was a brothel openly running in the town. The IRS shut it down, not the locals.
This tour is about an hour long. It covers not just the main street, but takes you up to the grave yard where Wild Bill... more travel advice
Dymphna1's Related Pages
Deadwood Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Step Back Into History in Deadwood, South Dakota"
- "Deadwood -Gambling & History"
- "The Old West Meets the New Economy"
- "Bad boy town of the west"
- "Deadwood South Dakota - Thar's GOOOOLD in them tha"
- "A visit to Deadwood"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Deadwood
- Hotels in Deadwood
- Transportation in Deadwood
- Nightlife in Deadwood
- Restaurants in Deadwood
- Warnings and Dangers in Deadwood
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Deadwood
- 2 Reviews
- 7 Photos
- 2 Forum posts
- 3 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (35)
Have you been to Deadwood?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Deadwood
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Billings Intro, 37 reviews, 33 photos, 2 travelogues
- Yellowstone National Park Intro, 20 reviews, 33 photos, 2 travelogues
- Anchorage Intro, 11 reviews, 34 photos, 1 travelogue
- Anaheim Intro, 13 reviews, 25 photos
- Melbourne Intro, 9 reviews, 24 photos
- Laurel Intro, 9 reviews, 20 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Montana Intro, 13 reviews, 13 photos
- Pryor Intro, 3 reviews, 17 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Rapid City Intro, 7 reviews, 11 photos
- Red Lodge Intro, 3 reviews, 15 photos, 1 travelogue