"Needles" Custer State Park by Dymphna1
Custer State Park Travel Guide: 39 reviews and 88 photos
Not for the faint of heart, but spectacular. Ok, I like to do things that others are afraid of and not think twice about it, this was one of them. I was talking to some people before I went and they were talking about driving it and almost having a panic attack as they were talking. This made me almost salivate to try it. It did not disappoint.
The road is narrow with a cliff on one side that goes straight down. There are areas where it is single lane only, like when you drive through the tunnels in the rocks and a couple of bridges. The turns are hairpin and often marked to do at 25 mph. I wish I had been on motorcycle. I am getting excited just thinking about it.
Oh the scenery was great also, when I could take my eyes off the road. :)
It is $15 to take the drive to the top, and the ticket is good for 7 days.
Dymphna1's Related Pages
Custer State Park Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Custer State Park: Something for Everbody"
- "The Jewel of the Black Hills"
- "A Relaxing Week in the Beauty of the Black Hills"
- "Where the Buffalo Roam"
- "Custer State Park"
- "Basaic Custer State Park Page"
- "A Land of Wildlife"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Custer State Park
- Hotels in Custer State Park
- Restaurants in Custer State Park
- Warnings and Dangers in Custer State Park
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Custer State Park
- 0 Reviews
- 1 Photos
- 1 Forum posts
- 1 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (22)
Have you been to Custer State Park?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Custer State Park
Photos in Custer State ParkSee All Photos (1)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Billings Intro, 34 reviews, 33 photos, 2 travelogues
- Yellowstone National Park Intro, 20 reviews, 33 photos, 2 travelogues
- Melbourne Intro, 9 reviews, 24 photos
- Anchorage Intro, 8 reviews, 24 photos
- Laurel Intro, 9 reviews, 20 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Montana Intro, 13 reviews, 13 photos
- Pryor Intro, 3 reviews, 17 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Rapid City Intro, 7 reviews, 11 photos
- Red Lodge Intro, 3 reviews, 15 photos, 1 travelogue
- Nye Intro, 5 reviews, 12 photos, 1 travelogue