"25th Class Reunion" Wolf Point by Dymphna1
Wolf Point Travel Guide: 7 reviews and 7 photos
Ok, the house was not purple when I lived in it. But it is much bigger than it looks. This is the original front side of the house which was a homestead house. We found the original floor plans in the wall when we were redoing the house. If you look behind here you would see that it is a 5 level split level house. Seven bedrooms and only 2 bathrooms LOL
I had gone back for my class reunion. It was very strange to go back to Wolf Point. Wolf Point is on the Fort Peck Reservation. There are two waring tribes here and yes they are still at war. There are the Sioux and the Assiniboine tribes. Growing up in it I did not realize how ruff it really was. We would go play until all hours of the night without my parents having to worry. Yet we were per capita, the murder capital of the world. This was brought home to me when I saw that our class moto was, "82 is out to get you". Now were were the teachers on that one????
We have had a rodeo going on in Wolf Point for more than 75 years. We are also the home town of Monty Montana. Ok, he is an old time film star from the westerns that most people won't know who he is. It is the big celebration in the town and is in the first part of July. All of the class reunions are around this time of year and the carnival comes to town.
They do have pow wows at other times of the year. You would have to check with the chamber to find out when.
The parade during Stamped runs on two days. The first day we rode on a float in the parade as a class. Being the ruff class we are, we drank beer as we rode down main street. And one of the guys brought a blow horn and we made fun of the other floats. The second day we had water balloons and watched the parade. Ok we made it much cooler for those in the parade with the water balloons.
- In a nutshell:This is the wild wild west.
This is one of the main stations in town. It has gas, a deli, minor groceries, and smiles for customers. This place is... more travel advice
Because of the oil fields in North Dakota, it will be impossible to find any lodging anywhere close to the Eastern... more travel advice
Dymphna1's Related Pages
Wolf Point Travel Guide
- Things to Do in Wolf Point
- Hotels in Wolf Point
- Transportation in Wolf Point
- Nightlife in Wolf Point
- Restaurants in Wolf Point
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Wolf Point
- 7 Reviews
- 5 Photos
- 2 Forum posts
- 4 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (21)
Have you been to Wolf Point?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Wolf Point
Photos in Wolf PointSee All Photos (5)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Billings Intro, 34 reviews, 33 photos, 2 travelogues
- Yellowstone National Park Intro, 20 reviews, 33 photos, 2 travelogues
- Anchorage Intro, 10 reviews, 34 photos, 1 travelogue
- Anaheim Intro, 13 reviews, 25 photos
- Melbourne Intro, 9 reviews, 24 photos
- Laurel Intro, 9 reviews, 20 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Montana Intro, 13 reviews, 13 photos
- Pryor Intro, 3 reviews, 17 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Rapid City Intro, 7 reviews, 11 photos
- Red Lodge Intro, 3 reviews, 15 photos, 1 travelogue