"25th Class Reunion" Wolf Point by Dymphna1

Wolf Point Travel Guide: 7 reviews and 7 photos

Middle of no where

Ok, the house was not purple when I lived in it. But it is much bigger than it looks. This is the original front side of the house which was a homestead house. We found the original floor plans in the wall when we were redoing the house. If you look behind here you would see that it is a 5 level split level house. Seven bedrooms and only 2 bathrooms LOL

I had gone back for my class reunion. It was very strange to go back to Wolf Point. Wolf Point is on the Fort Peck Reservation. There are two waring tribes here and yes they are still at war. There are the Sioux and the Assiniboine tribes. Growing up in it I did not realize how ruff it really was. We would go play until all hours of the night without my parents having to worry. Yet we were per capita, the murder capital of the world. This was brought home to me when I saw that our class moto was, "82 is out to get you". Now were were the teachers on that one????

Stampeed

We have had a rodeo going on in Wolf Point for more than 75 years. We are also the home town of Monty Montana. Ok, he is an old time film star from the westerns that most people won't know who he is. It is the big celebration in the town and is in the first part of July. All of the class reunions are around this time of year and the carnival comes to town.

They do have pow wows at other times of the year. You would have to check with the chamber to find out when.

Parade

The parade during Stamped runs on two days. The first day we rode on a float in the parade as a class. Being the ruff class we are, we drank beer as we rode down main street. And one of the guys brought a blow horn and we made fun of the other floats. The second day we had water balloons and watched the parade. Ok we made it much cooler for those in the parade with the water balloons.

• In a nutshell:This is the wild wild west.
  • Last visit to Wolf Point: Jul 2012
  • Intro Updated Jul 18, 2012

• wise23girl's Profile Photo
    Feb 27, 2012 at 12:39 PM

What a fun page. Glad I took the link from Montana page. so I see where you grew up.
    Marg

• Basaic's Profile Photo
    Nov 3, 2011 at 1:38 PM

Sometimes it is great to go home again. But my Grandma's neat old house in Bloomington Indiana has been torn down:-(

• travelgourmet's Profile Photo
    Apr 26, 2011 at 12:21 PM

Lee Ann, Wolf Point memories for you are great to read. Kick the can at 10pm, me too! I was 6. lol 25 years out of HS, whew, I had my 50 years out of HS and still glad of it. lol :-)

• angiebabe's Profile Photo
    Jul 15, 2009 at 12:35 PM

thanks for sharing the local info here for us on your page here.

Dymphna1 Used To Live Here!

Dymphna1

“Wishing I had more places to go this year.”

Badges & Stats in Wolf Point

Have you been to Wolf Point?

Latest Activity in Wolf Point