"Lewis & Clark Caverns" Three Forks by Dymphna1
Three Forks Travel Guide: 0 reviews and 3 photos
It is better than a 1/4 mile up hill walk just to get to the entrance of the caves. The tour is so worth it though. The caves have been explored now for better than a century and they talk about how the early tours were. I can't imagine going down there like they did. Often times women were in long skirts climbing up and down ladders.
Here are some of the photos: This is called popcorn that is built up on the walls.
I was surprised when I looked at all the colors my flash picked up that I could not see in the dim lighting down there. They are in the process of changing out the lighting so it will be easier to see everything. Take lots of pictures - you will be amazed after wards.
This step marks one mile above sea level and one mile from the top of the mountain.
Dymphna1's Related Pages
Three Forks Travel Guide
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Three Forks
- 0 Reviews
- 3 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (21)
Have you been to Three Forks?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Three Forks
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Billings Intro, 31 reviews, 28 photos, 2 travelogues
- Yellowstone National Park Intro, 20 reviews, 33 photos, 2 travelogues
- Melbourne Intro, 9 reviews, 24 photos
- Laurel Intro, 9 reviews, 20 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Montana Intro, 13 reviews, 13 photos
- Pryor Intro, 3 reviews, 17 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Rapid City Intro, 7 reviews, 11 photos
- Red Lodge Intro, 3 reviews, 15 photos, 1 travelogue
- Nye Intro, 5 reviews, 12 photos, 1 travelogue
- Pompeys Pillar Intro, 4 reviews, 12 photos