"Nye, MT" Nye by Dymphna1
Nye Travel Guide: 5 reviews and 12 photos
Nye, MT is on the Stillwater River. It is a good ride in a canoe. There are a few bends in the river that take some skill to get around. I have dumped the canoe once - but that is because the guy in the bow leaned like he was on a motorcycle instead of in a canoe as we went around the corner. It was May - so the water was ice cold.
My folks have a cabin up there so I have spent a fair amount of time in the area. There are great trails for 4-wheeling. Hikes for different level hikers of all ages.
Nye has one general store, a family friendly bar and a post office.
Nye is next to the entrance to National Forest lands. There is a hike that is about a mile long up to see the falls. This hike is perfect for those with small children. I have taken babies up this trail. They love it! Then when you get to the top you look over the stone wall at this beautiful waterfall.
The beginning of the hike is in the Woodbine Campground.
There is the head to another trail not far from here. It is about 3 miles into a lake or you can continue it all the way down into Wyoming. Horses are often on this trail.
At the beginning of the walk up to the falls there is this bridge. We always stop to play Pooh Sticks - just like in the cartoon. Everyone takes a stick and drops it in the upstream side of the bridge and then turns around to see who's stick makes it under the bridge first.
In the fall please remember this is National Forest Land - which means there are hunters out. You need to wear hunter's orange!!!!!!!!! This is excellent hunting and there are no fees to hunt here.
- Pros:Great for family fun
- Cons:You need to plan - there are few services anywhere near here.
- In a nutshell:They call them the Beartooth Mountains for a reason.
This place is under new ownership and is doing well. We each had a burger and they were quite good. 1/2 pound of beef.... more travel advice
Ok it is actually the trading post. But it has everything in it. This is one of the smallest stores you have ever seen... more travel advice
Dymphna1's Related Pages
Nye Travel Guide
Badges & Stats in Nye
- 5 Reviews
- 17 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 2 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (41)
Have you been to Nye?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Nye
Photos in NyeSee All Photos (17)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Billings Intro, 37 reviews, 33 photos, 2 travelogues
- Yellowstone National Park Intro, 25 reviews, 42 photos, 2 travelogues
- Anchorage Intro, 11 reviews, 34 photos, 1 travelogue
- Anaheim Intro, 13 reviews, 25 photos
- Laurel Intro, 10 reviews, 25 photos
- Melbourne Intro, 9 reviews, 24 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Montana Intro, 14 reviews, 13 photos
- Nye Intro, 5 reviews, 17 photos, 1 travelogue
- Pryor Intro, 3 reviews, 17 photos
- San Diego Intro, 5 reviews, 13 photos