"The Electric City" Top 5 Page for this destination Great Falls by Dymphna1
Great Falls Travel Guide: 39 reviews and 127 photos
It was when Lewis & Clark heard the Great Falls of the Missouri that they knew they had taken the correct fork in the river and not gone up the Yellowstone instead. It took them over a month to get past these falls, having to portage up several different sections of it.
The most noted and famous of cowboy artist was Charles Marion Russell, who had his studio in Great Falls. There is a museum of his art work here as well as a tour of the studio. He was actually upset with his wife when she sold one of his paintings for $100, far too much for anyone to have to pay for one of his paintings.
Just north of here is the small community of Black Eagle. It is so named for the black eagles that can often be seen over the river here.
- Pros:Good gritty people
- Cons:cold in the winter, hot in the summer but always windy
Dymphna1's Related Pages
Great Falls Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Great Falls. Montana"
- "GREAT FALLS, MONTANA"
- "The Electric City"
- "LS451's new Great Falls Page"
- "MONTANA* MONTANA"
- "Important Site of Lewis and Clark Expedition"
- "Great Falls"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Great Falls
- Hotels in Great Falls
- Transportation in Great Falls
- Nightlife in Great Falls
- Restaurants in Great Falls
- Warnings and Dangers in Great Falls
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Great Falls
- 1 Reviews
- 4 Photos
- 1 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (41)
Have you been to Great Falls?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Great Falls
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Billings Intro, 37 reviews, 33 photos, 2 travelogues
- Yellowstone National Park Intro, 25 reviews, 42 photos, 2 travelogues
- Anchorage Intro, 11 reviews, 34 photos, 1 travelogue
- Anaheim Intro, 13 reviews, 25 photos
- Laurel Intro, 10 reviews, 25 photos
- Melbourne Intro, 9 reviews, 24 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Montana Intro, 14 reviews, 13 photos
- Pryor Intro, 3 reviews, 17 photos
- San Diego Intro, 5 reviews, 13 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Rapid City Intro, 7 reviews, 11 photos