"Go Cats!" Top 5 Page for this destination Bozeman by Dymphna1

Bozeman Travel Guide: 46 reviews and 85 photos

Best school in Montana

My family has a history with Montana State University. My mother went here back when it was still Montana State College. Met my husband there when I went. My sister and two of my brothers went here. Now my daughter is attending, all for different degrees.

For education this school is top notch. If you can't cut it, you don't pass. There are no liberal tenancies when it comes to grades. My daughter, in order to get into her sophomore year must compete to get there. There are only 40 spots of a class of 70 currently attending. I remember attending classes in the engineering department where more than half of some classes did not pass the required class. Students come from all over the world for education here to get an education. Many who transfer from bigger schools part of the way through cannot make it because they do not have the basics and background to be able to cut it.

As hard as the students work, they party even harder. When I was there the drinking age was 19. The Joe's Parkway was the leader in selling beer in the nation. Of course having 5 full dorms across the street from it did have something to do with it.

Boom!

Last year there was an explosion in Bozeman. Better than a block of Main street went up in an explosion related to utilities. In that explosion went up my old stomping grounds for bars. The Rocking R is no more.

This city has always had a fun flavor of architecture. My first year in college was in architecture and we were required to go out and take pictures of the different forms. We did not have to go far. The gambit that is here is amazing. Main Street though is primarily based upon wild west times. The colors are kept to earth tones. Even Walmart had to comply with the colors they were allowed to paint their building.

I don't have pictures of it today - but I am putting up some from the Museum of the Rockies.

Museum of the Rockies

It was under construction the last time I was there this past fall. It has several different parts to it. It engages many different ages for being able to participate in the different displays. There was an area on the WWII area and because there are many different archeological digs in the area, lots of dinosaur bones. There is an area on the early part of life in Montana.

I did not like how they push evolution in the displays. I wish they were not pushing that myth.

• Last visit to Bozeman: Feb 2010
  • Intro Written Feb 17, 2010

• Basaic's Profile Photo
    Mar 11, 2010 at 12:45 PM

I need to look around Bozeman sometime. Last trip I just ate lunch there.

Dymphna1 Used To Live Here!

Dymphna1

“Wishing I had more places to go this year.”

Badges & Stats in Bozeman

Have you been to Bozeman?

Latest Activity in Bozeman