Billings Things to Do Tips by Dymphna1 Top 5 Page for this destination
Billings Things to Do: 12 reviews and 6 photos
This site gives a really good update on what is going on locally. This way you can see when and where there are parades, art shows, wine tastings and any other fun activity. We just got back from a juristic exhibit at the Metra today.
There is a tour company in Billings called Montana Fun Adventures. They do local tours and seasonal tours. Then there are a few that stretch out over longer distances to area events and places.
I took their Ghost Tour and had a good time on it. It was $21 and was about 1 hour & 20 minutes long. It narrated by a retired librarian Karen Stevens, who has written a couple of books, one being "Haunted Montana", and a second ghost story book ready to go to print. As with most librarians, she was a wealth of knowledge. I learned a great deal about the history of Billings on the tour. We did get to stop at two different places known for their ghosts, the Depot and the room in the Dude Rancher Hotel that is known for a ghost or two.
I have added to several places I already had up about the ghosts spoken about on the tour. BOO
Address: Tours begin at different locations.
Other Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
On Saturday Mornings there is a big farmer's market held. People bring produce from all over to sell and it is a good time. There are musicians who play in the streets. There was a clown making balloons for children when I was there last time.
I really like the Hooterite booths because they sell food that is grown without all of the additives. The chickens do not have hormones or antibiotics. This is good for not getting cancer and especially good for small girls. Hormones that are added to animals make little girls mature earlier than they should. My grandfather knew this back in the 60's and 70's and refused to use it in his cattle, as he did not want to be part of the problem.
Address: Under Sky Point downtown
Gambling is legal in Montana. You can find poker games and casinos all over. You can find a poker game in several different bars and casinos around the area - such as at Doc & Eddies. All bars have a section of machines to play. Personally I do not recommend any of the Lucky Lil's. With the way they treat employees - I don't trust them to be all that honest about the machines.
More Reviews (33)
- See All Very different but good
- See All Family fun night
- See All Live Theater
- Medical help
- See All Local tourist must shop
Dymphna1's Related Pages
Billings Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Just next door to me - Billings, MT"
- "Billings, Montana"
- "A Little Urban Treasure in "Big Sky" Country!"
- "My New Home Base!!"
- "Billings, Montana"
- "Wish I still lived there"
- "ROAD TRIP: OREGON TO WINNIPET: DAY 2"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Billings
- Hotels in Billings
- Transportation in Billings
- Nightlife in Billings
- Restaurants in Billings
- Shopping in Billings
- Warnings and Dangers in Billings
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Billings
- 37 Reviews
- 33 Photos
- 2 Forum posts
- 13 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (35)
Have you been to Billings?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Billings
- Posted in Travel Glacier National Park Forum "Re: Park on Fire"
- Commented on one of Dymphna1's Billings travel pages
- Wrote a Review Very different but good in Billings Restaurants
- Uploaded a Photo to "Great place"
- updated a Billings Travel Page "Just next door to me - Billings, MT"
- Uploaded a Video to Billings
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Billings Intro, 37 reviews, 33 photos, 2 travelogues
- Yellowstone National Park Intro, 20 reviews, 33 photos, 2 travelogues
- Anchorage Intro, 11 reviews, 34 photos, 1 travelogue
- Anaheim Intro, 13 reviews, 25 photos
- Melbourne Intro, 9 reviews, 24 photos
- Laurel Intro, 9 reviews, 20 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Montana Intro, 13 reviews, 13 photos
- Pryor Intro, 3 reviews, 17 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Rapid City Intro, 7 reviews, 11 photos
- Red Lodge Intro, 3 reviews, 15 photos, 1 travelogue