"Winona" Winona by crmeers
Winona Travel Guide: 8 reviews and 7 photos
Winona is a nice city, that I have been to a few times.
It is a town of about 30,000 and is not far from La Crosse, WI, and Rochester.
Although it is a small town, it still has a lot of character. It is partnered with La Crosse to restore most of the historic buildings in Winona. The Mississippi River runs adjacent to the town, and is a primary reason why the town was created.
It is a college town with a bulk of the population being college students. It has Winona State University which has around 8,500 students, Saint Mary's University which has about 5,000 students and Minnesota State College-Southeast Technical which has about 2,000 students.
I actually go to Winona State University starting in August of 2010, so I know the town a bit.
- Pros:Good City, safe, warm for MN
- Cons:Smaller (good or bad)
- In a nutshell:Stained Glass Capital of the US
This is a little observation deck sort of thing on the side of a bluff, and it overlooks the whole city of Winona. It... more travel advice
This was a great place for some food. The only thing that was a complaint that where we were seated was a big open room,... more travel advice
crmeers' Related Pages
Winona Travel Guide
- Things to Do in Winona
- Hotels in Winona
- Restaurants in Winona
- Shopping in Winona
- See All...
Explore the World
Badges & Stats in Winona
- 9 Reviews
- 3 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (2)
Have you been to Winona?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Winona
Photos in WinonaSee All Photos (3)
Top 10 Pages
- Madrid Intro, 11 reviews, 11 photos
- Winnipeg Intro, 7 reviews, 7 photos
- Tetouan Intro, 4 reviews, 8 photos
- Winona Intro, 9 reviews, 3 photos
- Chicago Intro, 6 reviews, 5 photos
- Alexandria 2 reviews, 4 photos
- Sevilla Intro, 1 review, 4 photos
- Red Lodge Intro, 3 reviews, 2 photos
- Cold Spring Intro, 2 reviews, 2 photos
- Morocco Intro, 3 photos
FriendsSee All Friends (1)
Latest Winona hotel reviews
- Nichols Inn
- 40 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Oct 30, 2013