"China, Land of Diversity" China by aukjejetty
China Travel Guide: 30,703 reviews and 88,008 photos
My first trip to China was in the year 2000. I flew to meet my partner in Beijing and we traveled across the country for seven weeks with stops in Pingyao, Shaolin, Xi'An, Hangzhou, Huangshan, Suzhou, Hong Kong, Guangzhou, Shanghai and Yangshuo. I was so happily surprised by the beauty of China, I knew then and now that I want to come back here many times.
My second trip was in 2001, travelling through the north-west of the country. As soon as I entered China from Laos the memory of noise and smoke came back to me. That loudness and those cigarettes will not keep me away from China though, because there is so much to see beyond that.
This time we went to the following places: Jinghong, Kunming, Dali, Lijiang, Zhongdian, Xiangcheng, Litang, Kanding, Chengdu, Lanzhou, Turpan, Kashi, Karakuli, Tashkurgan, KKH into Pakistan
China is a unified state of as many as 56 nationalities. The Han people take the largest number, of about 94 % of the total population, mainly living in the east part of the China. Each nationality has its own long history. The 56 nationalities are the Han, Mongolian, Hui, Tibetan, Uygur, Miao, Yi, Zhuang, Bouyei, Korean, Manchu, Dong, Yao, Bai Tujia, Hani, Kazak, Dai, Li, Lisu, Va, She, Gaoshan, Lahu, Shui, Dongxiang, Naxi, Jingpo, Kirgiz, Tu, Daur, Mulam, Qiang, Blang, Salar, Maonan, Gelo, Xibe, Achang, Pumi, Tajik, Nu, Ozbek, Russian, Ewenki, Benglong, Bonan, Yugur, Jing, Drung, Oroqen, Hezhen, Moinba, Lhoba and Gelo
- Pros:Culture, culture, culture, nature and a lot more
- Cons:Smoking locals in all the busses, and bad toilets
- In a nutshell:Every city (or nature site) is an adventure
Cupping refers to an ancient Chinese practice in which a cup is applied to the skin and the pressure in the cup is... more travel advice
The Chinese people have the tradition of respecting the old and loving the young. Though many young couples do not live... more travel advice
aukjejetty's Related Pages
China Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "China is wonderful!"
- "China - My Roots"
- "Paul2001's 34 Days in China!"
- "China by yourself, incredibly easy!"
- "China - the Middle Kingdom"
- See All...
- Things to Do in China
- Hotels in China
- Transportation in China
- Nightlife in China
- Restaurants in China
- Shopping in China
- Warnings and Dangers in China
- See All...
Badges & Stats in China
- 101 Reviews
- 109 Photos
- 18 Forum posts
- 17 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (32)
Have you been to China?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in China
Top 10 Pages
- New York City Intro, 25 reviews, 34 photos, 1 travelogue
- China Intro, 27 reviews, 28 photos
- Rotterdam Intro, 18 reviews, 34 photos, 3 travelogues
- Bangkok Intro, 24 reviews, 22 photos
- Angkor Wat Intro, 12 reviews, 25 photos, 3 travelogues
- Cambodia Intro, 17 reviews, 16 photos
- Phnom Penh Intro, 15 reviews, 15 photos
- Ko Chang Intro, 14 reviews, 15 photos
- Sulkava Intro, 8 reviews, 20 photos, 2 travelogues
- Beijing Intro, 13 reviews, 9 photos