"My Province of Birth" Provincie Drenthe by aukjejetty
Provincie Drenthe Travel Guide: 687 reviews and 2,096 photos
Drenthe, where my roots lay! All my family members live in this green province. There is a lot of farming going on in the villages here, and around the towns. Drenthe is known for "Hunebedden", my favourite dried sausage, a beautiful zoo (in Emmen). It is not a main tourist destination for foreigners, but the dutch love to go camping here, since everything seems to go in a slower pace. The hasty city people can have their relaxation here, and reload for the rest of the year. When going to my parents, who live in Grolloo, it feels like heaven for about a week, than I start to miss city-life. I grew up in a villege called Bovensmilde, I made myself start a page on this village...I got stuck, there is really almost nothing to do over there. My sister and her boyfriend live there now.
- Pros:Green, Trees, Fresh air, good Bikingpaths
- Cons:Not much to do on the long run
- In a nutshell:Go here to take a deep breath and enjoy the cows
aukjejetty's Related Pages
Provincie Drenthe Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "The province where I was born and live again"
- "Drenthe, the quiet province"
- "Province of Drenthe"
- "Drenthe, heatherfields, forests and farmland"
- "My Province of Birth"
- "Drenthe (Netherlands)"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Provincie Drenthe
- Hotels in Provincie Drenthe
- Transportation in Provincie Drenthe
- Nightlife in Provincie Drenthe
- Restaurants in Provincie Drenthe
- Shopping in Provincie Drenthe
- Warnings and Dangers in Provincie Drenthe
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Provincie Drenthe
- 5 Reviews
- 6 Photos
- 1 Forum posts
- 4 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (32)
Have you been to Provincie Drenthe?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Provincie Drenthe
Top 10 Pages
- New York City Intro, 25 reviews, 34 photos, 1 travelogue
- China Intro, 27 reviews, 28 photos
- Rotterdam Intro, 18 reviews, 34 photos, 3 travelogues
- Bangkok Intro, 24 reviews, 22 photos
- Angkor Wat Intro, 12 reviews, 25 photos, 3 travelogues
- Cambodia Intro, 17 reviews, 16 photos
- Phnom Penh Intro, 15 reviews, 15 photos
- Ko Chang Intro, 14 reviews, 15 photos
- Sulkava Intro, 8 reviews, 20 photos, 2 travelogues
- Beijing Intro, 13 reviews, 9 photos