"My Province of Birth" Top 5 Page for this destination Provincie Drenthe by aukjejetty

Provincie Drenthe Travel Guide: 615 reviews and 1,895 photos

Drenthe, where my roots lay! All my family members live in this green province. There is a lot of farming going on in the villages here, and around the towns. Drenthe is known for "Hunebedden", my favourite dried sausage, a beautiful zoo (in Emmen). It is not a main tourist destination for foreigners, but the dutch love to go camping here, since everything seems to go in a slower pace. The hasty city people can have their relaxation here, and reload for the rest of the year. When going to my parents, who live in Grolloo, it feels like heaven for about a week, than I start to miss city-life. I grew up in a villege called Bovensmilde, I made myself start a page on this village...I got stuck, there is really almost nothing to do over there. My sister and her boyfriend live there now.

• Pros:Green, Trees, Fresh air, good Bikingpaths
  • Cons:Not much to do on the long run
  • In a nutshell:Go here to take a deep breath and enjoy the cows
  • Intro Written Jan 4, 2004

• ATLC's Profile Photo
    Aug 10, 2010 at 3:13 AM

Noorder Dierenpark will always be my lifelong attraction :-)

• sachara's Profile Photo
    May 31, 2004 at 8:15 AM

Hoi Aukje. Just this weekend I made a start with my pages of Assen and Grolloo. Nice to see that you also placed these places on your map, even Bovensmilde. I'm just back from the zoo (behind our backyard) and visited Grolloo last saturday.

aukjejetty

“~ your mind only grows if it is allowed to explore ~”

Badges & Stats in Provincie Drenthe

Have you been to Provincie Drenthe?

Latest Activity in Provincie Drenthe