"The Beauty of Angkor" Angkor Wat by aukjejetty

Angkor Wat Travel Guide: 1,645 reviews and 4,781 photos

In 2001 I went to Cambodia. Beforehand I read some information about Angkor, about it's history. It is the main tourist atraction in Cambodia. Angkor is something you can read about forever, you can see it on television, but it never gets close to reality. Angkor is something you have to see for yourself. It is amazing!

I was back here in 2004, and the above still applies. There is much more restauration going on which spoils it a little sometimes. One temples was not even accessible because they were working on it. Sometimes the new parts looked to knew, like they were just made from concrete. Countries from all over the world all use their own techniques to do the restauration, which I think is not good for Angkor. I believe it would be so much better if they would all work together on this.

• In a nutshell:Definatly a "must see"!
  • Last visit to Angkor Wat: Jun 2004
  • Intro Updated Aug 24, 2004

• JoannaMoon's Profile Photo
    Sep 15, 2004 at 7:56 AM

hi aukje, I got back to check again and again your travelogue, I am sure I am more confident with where I should go now, Thanks! Oh the boat part battambang-SR sounds worth to try!

• sarahandgareth's Profile Photo
    Aug 24, 2004 at 9:31 AM

I'm now convinced that this is a place I must see! Nice site.

• evona's Profile Photo
    Aug 21, 2004 at 4:18 AM

Thanks!! Beautiful pics. I would like go there one day :)

• utttz's Profile Photo
    May 4, 2004 at 9:58 AM

a real trap :-)

• smyturn's Profile Photo
    Apr 25, 2004 at 4:15 PM

Wonderful pictures and Travelogue. I can't wait to see these temples! Thank you.

• awayhome's Profile Photo
    Jan 9, 2004 at 8:15 AM

I went there few year ago. there are so beautiful. you have a wondeful page=))

• XenoHumph's Profile Photo
    Sep 12, 2003 at 9:53 AM

What a fascinating place! thanks for this wonderful virtual visit!!

• TempNomad's Profile Photo
    Jun 24, 2003 at 2:21 PM

I love the photos of the roots climbing over the structures. Thank you for some very informative pages!

• inuit's Profile Photo
    Jun 6, 2003 at 4:14 PM

the stone carving images photos are amazing. you can actually see the same style of carving in Borobudur or Prambanan in Java.

• into-thin-air's Profile Photo
    May 9, 2003 at 2:27 PM

Isn't Angkor Awesome !!!!! Great Page, Excellent tips and cracking pics !!

aukjejetty

“~ your mind only grows if it is allowed to explore ~”

Badges & Stats in Angkor Wat

Have you been to Angkor Wat?

Latest Activity in Angkor Wat