"Riverside and Countryside" Kampong Chhnang by aukjejetty
Kampong Chhnang Travel Guide: 7 reviews and 13 photos
Kompong Chhnang was a surprisingly interesting town. We passed this town a few times by bus going from Battambang to Phnom Penh and back. Until one day we decided to get off the bus here with our foldable bikes, which we bought secondhand in Phnom Penh.
Because of our bikes we were an attraction the moment we got of the bus. People get very curious when they see our bikes and want to touch it and hold it. We unfolded our bikes, and biked to the guesthouse we had chosen from the Lonely Planet book.
The next two days we used our bikes to explore this town, and the surrounding villages. The name "kompong" means that it is a port. Kompong Chhnang has many floating houses along it's river, and it has a path along the river to bike.
Away from the river, the countryside is a must see too.
"Chhnang" is the khmer word for pottery, and you will find numerous houses where families are working on making pottery. There are also special touristshop for buying pottery.
- Pros:The variety of landscape
While biking, and walking through Kompong Chhnang and its surrounding villages we came across many puppets at the... more travel advice
aukjejetty's Related Pages
Kampong Chhnang Travel Guide
- Things to Do in Kampong Chhnang
- Hotels in Kampong Chhnang
- Transportation in Kampong Chhnang
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Kampong Chhnang
- 2 Reviews
- 7 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (32)
Have you been to Kampong Chhnang?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Kampong Chhnang
Top 10 Pages
- New York City Intro, 25 reviews, 34 photos, 1 travelogue
- China Intro, 27 reviews, 28 photos
- Rotterdam Intro, 18 reviews, 34 photos, 3 travelogues
- Bangkok Intro, 24 reviews, 22 photos
- Angkor Wat Intro, 12 reviews, 25 photos, 3 travelogues
- Cambodia Intro, 17 reviews, 16 photos
- Phnom Penh Intro, 15 reviews, 15 photos
- Ko Chang Intro, 14 reviews, 15 photos
- Sulkava Intro, 8 reviews, 20 photos, 2 travelogues
- Beijing Intro, 13 reviews, 9 photos