"Preah Sihanouk Ville" Top 5 Page for this destination Kampong Saom by aukjejetty

Kampong Saom Travel Guide: 73 reviews and 206 photos

First visit in 2003

I think the more common name for Kampong Saom is Sihanoukville. For me it was not the best experience here, I was very sick by then. But even being sick I very much liked the relaxing atmosphere in this place. Great beaches and smiling, friendly people.
When we arrived we decided to take a ride from a french guy who had rooms for us. When we got to his place we found everything very small, and it was also quite far from the beach. With me feeling so bad, it was a better idea to go someplace nearer to the beach. Well we found it, but got realy nasty attitude from the french guy (he seemed so full of friendliness at first).

Second visit in 2008

This time I am visiting Sihanoukville with my husband and two kids (1 and 3 yrs. old at that time). It is a whole new experience, I recognize very little from the first time I visited this village. We went to the 'cleaner' side this time; O Chheuteal Beach. We stayed in three different places until we found the right one, which was Jasmine Hotel.

• Last visit to Kampong Saom: Jan 2008
  • Intro Updated May 22, 2008

• planxty's Profile Photo
    Jun 17, 2006 at 9:19 PM

Hi Aukje, I enjoyed your Sihanoukville pages, they certainly brought back some memories. fergy.

• steve21's Profile Photo
    Sep 8, 2003 at 4:05 AM

Ticket now costs 500 baht, leaves midday. Not a good journey in a small boat, cancelled today due to bad weather. One guy was sick for 4 hours.

• ATLC's Profile Photo
    Apr 20, 2003 at 11:57 PM

I'd love a photo of those beaches! :-)

aukjejetty

“~ your mind only grows if it is allowed to explore ~”

Badges & Stats in Kampong Saom

Have you been to Kampong Saom?

Latest Activity in Kampong Saom