"Preah Sihanouk Ville" Top 5 Page for this destination Kampong Saom by aukjejetty
Kampong Saom Travel Guide: 73 reviews and 206 photos
I think the more common name for Kampong Saom is Sihanoukville. For me it was not the best experience here, I was very sick by then. But even being sick I very much liked the relaxing atmosphere in this place. Great beaches and smiling, friendly people.
When we arrived we decided to take a ride from a french guy who had rooms for us. When we got to his place we found everything very small, and it was also quite far from the beach. With me feeling so bad, it was a better idea to go someplace nearer to the beach. Well we found it, but got realy nasty attitude from the french guy (he seemed so full of friendliness at first).
This time I am visiting Sihanoukville with my husband and two kids (1 and 3 yrs. old at that time). It is a whole new experience, I recognize very little from the first time I visited this village. We went to the 'cleaner' side this time; O Chheuteal Beach. We stayed in three different places until we found the right one, which was Jasmine Hotel.
Here is a small map to get a sence of Sihanoukville. more travel advice
Sihanoukville is 240km South of Phnom Penh by national road Nº 4. We went there by bus. Here you will find beautiful... more travel advice
aukjejetty's Related Pages
Kampong Saom Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Sihanoukville - Cambodia's premier beach resort"
- "Preah Sihanouk Ville"
- "Kampong Saom, Khett Kampot"
- "Tourist attraction - still primitive"
- "The beaches of Sihanoukville"
- "Jon @ 37 in Sihanoukville, Cambodia"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Kampong Saom
- Hotels in Kampong Saom
- Transportation in Kampong Saom
- Nightlife in Kampong Saom
- Restaurants in Kampong Saom
- Shopping in Kampong Saom
- Warnings and Dangers in Kampong Saom
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Kampong Saom
- 5 Reviews
- 6 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 3 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (8)
Have you been to Kampong Saom?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Kampong Saom
Top 10 Pages
- New York City Intro, 25 reviews, 34 photos, 1 travelogue
- China Intro, 27 reviews, 28 photos
- Rotterdam Intro, 18 reviews, 34 photos, 3 travelogues
- Bangkok Intro, 24 reviews, 22 photos
- Angkor Wat Intro, 12 reviews, 25 photos, 3 travelogues
- Cambodia Intro, 17 reviews, 16 photos
- Phnom Penh Intro, 15 reviews, 15 photos
- Ko Chang Intro, 14 reviews, 15 photos
- Sulkava Intro, 8 reviews, 20 photos, 2 travelogues
- Beijing Intro, 13 reviews, 9 photos