"Three Seas Meeting" Kanniyakumari by aukjejetty
Kanniyakumari Travel Guide: 97 reviews and 241 photos
Kanniyakumari, it took me a while to learn the name, the english equivalent is easier; Cape Comorin. Now I know where you can see three seas meet: in this pilgrimage town! This tip of India in the state of Tamil Nadu is the meeting point of the Arabian Sea, the Indian Ocean and the Bay Of Bengal. It is called the 'Land's End' of the Indian subcontinent.
The place was surprizingly small, there is a large temple devoted to the godess Devi Kanya (or Kanniya, I am not sure), and it is right on the tip everything else is closely surrounding the temple. There seem to be a small amount of houses in this town.
The Vivekananda Temple is built on an island just off the coast. It is built in honor off a 19th century bengal monk/... more travel advice
We were in Kanniyakumari on my birthday and decided to go watch the sunset quietly. We arrived early and found a good... more travel advice
aukjejetty's Related Pages
Kanniyakumari Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Kanyakumari - Land of Legends"
- "kanyakumari district"
- "Where India meets two Seas and an Ocean !"
- "Visit the Southern Tip of India"
- "Three Seas Meeting"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Kanniyakumari
- Hotels in Kanniyakumari
- Transportation in Kanniyakumari
- Nightlife in Kanniyakumari
- Restaurants in Kanniyakumari
- Shopping in Kanniyakumari
- Warnings and Dangers in Kanniyakumari
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Kanniyakumari
- 4 Reviews
- 4 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 2 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (7)
Have you been to Kanniyakumari?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Kanniyakumari
Photos in KanniyakumariSee All Photos (4)
Top 10 Pages
- New York City Intro, 25 reviews, 34 photos, 1 travelogue
- China Intro, 27 reviews, 28 photos
- Rotterdam Intro, 18 reviews, 34 photos, 3 travelogues
- Bangkok Intro, 24 reviews, 22 photos
- Angkor Wat Intro, 12 reviews, 25 photos, 3 travelogues
- Cambodia Intro, 17 reviews, 16 photos
- Phnom Penh Intro, 15 reviews, 15 photos
- Ko Chang Intro, 14 reviews, 15 photos
- Sulkava Intro, 8 reviews, 20 photos, 2 travelogues
- Beijing Intro, 13 reviews, 9 photos