"Old and New -- The Capital of PRC" Beijing by gkitzmil
Beijing Travel Guide: 6,608 reviews and 16,777 photos
Bejing offers much in cultural sites with a very modern city.
I found it much more "smoggy" in 2010 and the traffic is worse! But visiting Yong He Gong (Dali Lama Temple) or Temple of Heaven are still a great sites
I took a photo of Starbuck's in the Forbidden City in 2006 and I knew it was gone now. I took a photo of the exact same shop in 2010, now a gift shop
- In a nutshell:Culture
Attend a tea ceremony in China. It can be fun and educational. You can arrange this at any tea house and at the Summer... more travel advice
gkitzmil's Related Pages
Beijing Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "The Northern Capital"
- "Beijing - Imperial Peking"
- "My wonderful Beijing"
- "Beijing: from the Forbidden City to the Great Wall"
- "Beijing - The Northern Capital"
- "Beijing (北京)"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Beijing
- Hotels in Beijing
- Transportation in Beijing
- Nightlife in Beijing
- Restaurants in Beijing
- Shopping in Beijing
- Warnings and Dangers in Beijing
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Beijing
- 7 Reviews
- 29 Photos
- 3 Forum posts
- 22 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (28)
Have you been to Beijing?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Beijing
Top 10 Pages
- Las Vegas Intro, 47 reviews, 43 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Maastricht Intro, 36 reviews, 50 photos, 1 travelogue
- Indianapolis Intro, 35 reviews, 40 photos
- Zagreb Intro, 34 reviews, 37 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Bloomington Intro, 32 reviews, 27 photos
- San Francisco Intro, 26 reviews, 27 photos
- Mexico Intro, 26 reviews, 21 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Nashville Intro, 22 reviews, 23 photos
- Indiana Intro, 15 reviews, 29 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Melbourne Intro, 17 reviews, 24 photos, 1 travelogue