Acapulco Favorite Tips by gkitzmil

Acapulco Favorites: 30 reviews and 27 photos

Fondest memory: <font color=blue size = +.5>I believe Acapulco has the capacity to deliver a number of experiences to the visitor but not the beaches of a Cancun. I was 110% happy with my trip and will eagerly go back. I wanted total relaxation in 'Real Mexico.' I was happy I stayed in Caletilla beach, the old original Acapulco so that I could speak Spanish and relax. My chosen hotel, the Boca Chica is moderately priced and while a bit outdated in furnishings it is excellently located with a view of the beach, the bay, and clear out to the Ocean. It also is on a point so that I was literally surrounded by water!

I did not want to pay the $100 - $300 payed by many tourists at the 'big name' hotels for a nearly US experience on a bay beach that is dangerous. Caletilla is the safest and most sloped beach in Aca.

Others will find the nightlife of Aca' fun -- but I did not go for that. I did not even check out the clubs. If I wanted a good margarita they had great ones at the open air restaurant and bar at the hotel.</font>

• Updated Aug 24, 2002
RELAX!!! I realize many... - Acapulco
RELAX!!! I realize many...

Favorite thing: <font color=red size=+1> RELAX!!! </font>
<font color=green> I realize many people go to Acapulco for the Discos and the nightlife. I went to sit on the pay, gazing into the Ocean, and relax! I also went because for about one-half the price of what others pay I had a nice room (not fancy), a great view, and wonderful food. I also made great new friends who will take care of you (hotel and restaurant) if you want to go!</font>

• Updated Aug 24, 2002

gkitzmil

“diversity and experience are fuel for life”

Badges & Stats in Acapulco

Have you been to Acapulco?

Latest Activity in Acapulco