Acapulco Favorite Tips by gkitzmil
Acapulco General: 30 reviews and 27 photos
Fondest memory: <font color=blue size = +.5>I believe Acapulco has the capacity to deliver a number of experiences to the visitor but not the beaches of a Cancun. I was 110% happy with my trip and will eagerly go back. I wanted total relaxation in 'Real Mexico.' I was happy I stayed in Caletilla beach, the old original Acapulco so that I could speak Spanish and relax. My chosen hotel, the Boca Chica is moderately priced and while a bit outdated in furnishings it is excellently located with a view of the beach, the bay, and clear out to the Ocean. It also is on a point so that I was literally surrounded by water!
I did not want to pay the $100 - $300 payed by many tourists at the 'big name' hotels for a nearly US experience on a bay beach that is dangerous. Caletilla is the safest and most sloped beach in Aca.
Others will find the nightlife of Aca' fun -- but I did not go for that. I did not even check out the clubs. If I wanted a good margarita they had great ones at the open air restaurant and bar at the hotel.</font>
Favorite thing: <font color=red size=+1> RELAX!!! </font>
<font color=green> I realize many people go to Acapulco for the Discos and the nightlife. I went to sit on the pay, gazing into the Ocean, and relax! I also went because for about one-half the price of what others pay I had a nice room (not fancy), a great view, and wonderful food. I also made great new friends who will take care of you (hotel and restaurant) if you want to go!</font>
More Reviews (5)
gkitzmil's Related Pages
Acapulco Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Acapulco the City that never sleeps"
- "Acapulco - a world famous place for beach vacation"
- "Honeymoon in Acapulco, Mexico"
- ""Sunset City""
- "Acapulco 2005"
- "ACAPULCO, NOT QUITE SURE"
- "Acapulco where nobody gets bored"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Acapulco
- Hotels in Acapulco
- Transportation in Acapulco
- Nightlife in Acapulco
- Restaurants in Acapulco
- Shopping in Acapulco
- Warnings and Dangers in Acapulco
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Acapulco
- 7 Reviews
- 4 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 28 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (28)
Have you been to Acapulco?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Acapulco
Top 10 Pages
- Las Vegas Intro, 47 reviews, 43 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Maastricht Intro, 36 reviews, 50 photos, 1 travelogue
- Indianapolis Intro, 35 reviews, 40 photos
- Zagreb Intro, 34 reviews, 37 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Bloomington Intro, 32 reviews, 27 photos
- San Francisco Intro, 26 reviews, 27 photos
- Mexico Intro, 26 reviews, 21 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Nashville Intro, 22 reviews, 23 photos
- Indiana Intro, 15 reviews, 29 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Melbourne Intro, 17 reviews, 24 photos, 1 travelogue