"Greg's Loretto page" Loretto by gkitzmil
Loretto Travel Guide: 3 reviews and 9 photos
Loretto, KY would be just another wide spot in the road. But the Samuel's family has made it more famous as the home of Maker's Mark Bourbon! The distillery is on the US list of historic places.
After visiting all U.S. distilleries and tasting some bourbon from each distillery (you cannot taste when you visit but you can buy a bourbon at pubs in Kentucky) I believe there are other bourbons that are a bit better than Maker's Mark. MM is known to be smooth. This comes from the wheat used as a grain.
Yet I do agree this is one of the prettiest distilleries to visit!
It is sure difficult to get to -- but just follow signs.
This distillery get's my award for one of the two prettiest of bourbon distilleries in the US (I've seen them all, and... more travel advice
Here is what likely was the first 'liquor store' in the US. The local distillery formerly sold bourbon by the jar here! more travel advice
gkitzmil's Related Pages
Loretto Travel Guide
Badges & Stats in Loretto
- 6 Reviews
- 6 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 1 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (11)
Have you been to Loretto?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Loretto
Top 10 Pages
- Las Vegas Intro, 47 reviews, 43 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Maastricht Intro, 36 reviews, 50 photos, 1 travelogue
- Indianapolis Intro, 35 reviews, 40 photos
- Zagreb Intro, 34 reviews, 37 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Bloomington Intro, 32 reviews, 27 photos
- San Francisco Intro, 26 reviews, 27 photos
- Mexico Intro, 26 reviews, 21 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Nashville Intro, 22 reviews, 23 photos
- Indiana Intro, 15 reviews, 29 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Melbourne Intro, 17 reviews, 24 photos, 1 travelogue