Bardstown Things to Do Tips by gkitzmil Top 5 Page for this destination
Bardstown Things to Do: 9 reviews and 7 photos
<font color=purple>St. Joseph Proto-Cathedral</font>
First catholic cathedral west of the Allegheny Mountains. A National landmark listed by the U.S. Library of Congress. This historic edifice contains fine paintings, gifts of Francis 1, King of the Two Sicilies, and Pope Leo XII. Erected 1816-1819. Open year round. Mon - Fri, 9am - 5pm; Sat, 9am - 3pm; Sun, 1pm - 5pm. Donations requested. No restrooms. HA.
310 W Stephen Foster Ave., Bardstown, KY 40004, 502-348-3126
Other Contact: behind the church is the histori
<font color=blue>My Old Kentucky Home State Park</font>
Federal Hill was the inspiration for Stephen Foster's ballad 'My Old Kentucky Home.' Today this Bardstown mansion is as endearing to visitors as it was in 1852 when Foster was inspired to write the song. Step into the days of the antebellum South as costumed guides escort you through the stately Mansion. My Old Kentucky Home honors the symbol of the state song. Open daily Sept - May, 9am - 4:45pm; June - Aug, 8:30am - 6:15pm; Closed Thanksgiving Day, Christmas and New Year's Eve & Day. Handicapped accessible-first floor only. Contact: Alice Heaton.
501 E. Stephen Foster Ave., P.O. Box 323, Bardstown, KY 40004, (502) 348-3502 or 1-800-323-7803
My Old Kentucky Dinner Train
Exquisite 1940's dining cars carry passengers through 35 miles of Kentucky countryside. Fine dining in exquisite surroundings. Open year-round. Lunch on Saturdays only. Dinner Tuesday-Saturday on a demanded basis. Reservations required. Handicapped individuals: 5 steps.
602 N. 3rd St., Bardstown, KY 40004, (502) 348-7300
<FONT COLOR=BULE SIZE=+.5>The Oscar Getz Museum of Whiskey History</FONT>
<FONT COLOR=BLUE>A 50-year collection of rare whiskey artifacts dating from pre-colonial days to post-Prohibition days. The museum features rare antique bottles, a moonshine still, advertising art, novelty whiskey containers, and Abraham Lincoln's liquor license. A definite stop for bourbon enthusiasts.
114 North Fifth Street
Bardstown, Kentucky 40004
May 1 - Oct. 31
Monday - Saturday
9:00 am - 5:00 pm
1:00 pm - 5:00 pm
Nov. 1 - Apr. 30
Tuesday - Saturday
10:00 am - 4:00 pm
1:00 pm - 4:00 pm
Admission Free </FONT>
More Reviews (9)
gkitzmil's Related Pages
Bardstown Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Greg's Bardstown Page"
- "Stephen Foster's Cousin's Home"
- "CJD68's Bardstown Page"
- "Bardstown Kentucky"
- "Bardstown, Kentucky"
- "I Live in Balltown, Ky! Yall Com"
- "Sleeping in the dungeon"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Bardstown
- Hotels in Bardstown
- Transportation in Bardstown
- Restaurants in Bardstown
- Shopping in Bardstown
- Warnings and Dangers in Bardstown
- See All...
Explore the World
- No Name Key Hotels
- Hingurakgoda Part Three Hotels
- Figure Eight Island Hotels
- Birmingham Hotels
- La Jolla
Badges & Stats in Bardstown
- 13 Reviews
- 9 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 1 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (11)
Have you been to Bardstown?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Bardstown
Top 10 Pages
- Las Vegas Intro, 47 reviews, 43 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Maastricht Intro, 36 reviews, 50 photos, 1 travelogue
- Indianapolis Intro, 35 reviews, 40 photos
- Zagreb Intro, 34 reviews, 37 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Bloomington Intro, 32 reviews, 27 photos
- San Francisco Intro, 26 reviews, 27 photos
- Mexico Intro, 26 reviews, 21 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Nashville Intro, 22 reviews, 23 photos
- Indiana Intro, 15 reviews, 29 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Melbourne Intro, 17 reviews, 24 photos, 1 travelogue