"Gold, the slower pace, mountains, and tasty food" Top 5 Page for this destination Dahlonega by gkitzmil
Dahlonega Travel Guide: 40 reviews and 102 photos
Gold was first discovered in the Dahlonega area in 1828, twenty years before the Gold Rush to California.
Gold can still be found there -- along with wonderful waterfalls and a relaxing pace.
Our trip included:
1. panning for gold at a local mine
2. visiting waterfalls
3. having good local bar-b-cue
and generally just relaxing!
Prior to 2006 I had never heard of this town. A television show on places you can go to find real treasure included gold in Georgia. A quick web search led me to Dahlonega.
I am SO glad I found it!
You can get a great history of the local gold rush and establishment of a U.S. Mint in this town by visiting the Gold Museum right in the center of the town. The museum was once the town hall.
There are over 20 waterfalls in this area. Many are spectacular and are just a short drive from Dahlongega
Dominique IS French, the food was good, the martini's were wonderful, we found enjoyable entertainment. This ended up... more travel advice
I love southern style, messy ribs. These were truly some of the best I've had. Ribs, a meaty "Brunswick stew" and cold... more travel advice
gkitzmil's Related Pages
Dahlonega Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Gold, the slower pace, mountains, and tasty food"
- "Dahlonega, Georgia"
- "Home of the first gold rush in America"
- "Home of America's First Gold Rush"
- "Dahlonega: Gold Rush"
- "dahlonega georgia"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Dahlonega
- Hotels in Dahlonega
- Transportation in Dahlonega
- Nightlife in Dahlonega
- Restaurants in Dahlonega
- Shopping in Dahlonega
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Dahlonega
- 8 Reviews
- 33 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 4 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (28)
Have you been to Dahlonega?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Dahlonega
- Posted in Travel Forum "Re: Holiday in States"
- Wrote a Review FRENCH FOOD IN RURAL GEORGIA in Dahlonega Restaurants
- Uploaded a Photo to "FRENCH FOOD IN RURAL GEORGIA"
- created a Dahlonega Travel Page "Gold, the slower pace, mountains, and tasty food"
- Commented on one of cvilla007's Dahlonega travel pages
Photos in DahlonegaSee All Photos (33)
Top 10 Pages
- Las Vegas Intro, 47 reviews, 43 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Maastricht Intro, 36 reviews, 50 photos, 1 travelogue
- Indianapolis Intro, 35 reviews, 40 photos
- Zagreb Intro, 34 reviews, 37 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Bloomington Intro, 32 reviews, 27 photos
- San Francisco Intro, 26 reviews, 27 photos
- Mexico Intro, 26 reviews, 21 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Nashville Intro, 22 reviews, 23 photos
- Indiana Intro, 15 reviews, 29 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Melbourne Intro, 17 reviews, 24 photos, 1 travelogue