"SPECTACULAR VALLEY & TOWN" Monschau by gkitzmil
Monschau Travel Guide: 35 reviews and 59 photos
Quaint, charming, relaxing, and more. Strolling through Monschau (Montjoie in French) takes you back many years. This is one place we loved so much we visited it a second time!
The Rur runs through this town and you can find many spots (some even secluded) to enjoy the water running by. Here at left you see the "red house" which is famous in Monschau but you also see the stream and if you look carefully an outside terrace.
While not one of the most spectacular castles it still gives you a wonderful view.
- Pros:tranquility, beauty, relaxation
- Cons:a bit difficult to get to -- part of the charm
This looks like a very relazing hotel a bit off the beaten path but directly looking at the Rur river! I did not stay... more travel advice
You can get a cool drink or food from several local restaurants more travel advice
gkitzmil's Related Pages
Monschau Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "SPECTACULAR VALLEY & TOWN"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Monschau
- Hotels in Monschau
- Transportation in Monschau
- Restaurants in Monschau
- Shopping in Monschau
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Monschau
- 17 Reviews
- 20 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 5 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (28)
Have you been to Monschau?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Monschau
Photos in MonschauSee All Photos (20)
Top 10 Pages
- Las Vegas Intro, 47 reviews, 43 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Maastricht Intro, 36 reviews, 50 photos, 1 travelogue
- Indianapolis Intro, 35 reviews, 40 photos
- Zagreb Intro, 34 reviews, 37 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Bloomington Intro, 32 reviews, 27 photos
- San Francisco Intro, 26 reviews, 27 photos
- Mexico Intro, 26 reviews, 21 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Nashville Intro, 22 reviews, 23 photos
- Indiana Intro, 15 reviews, 29 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Melbourne Intro, 17 reviews, 24 photos, 1 travelogue