"SPECTACULAR VALLEY & TOWN" Monschau by gkitzmil

Monschau Travel Guide: 35 reviews and 56 photos

SPECTACULAR SCENERY

Quaint, charming, relaxing, and more. Strolling through Monschau (Montjoie in French) takes you back many years. This is one place we loved so much we visited it a second time!

I LOVE WATER

The Rur runs through this town and you can find many spots (some even secluded) to enjoy the water running by. Here at left you see the "red house" which is famous in Monschau but you also see the stream and if you look carefully an outside terrace.

CASTLE TOO

While not one of the most spectacular castles it still gives you a wonderful view.

• Pros:tranquility, beauty, relaxation
  • Cons:a bit difficult to get to -- part of the charm
  • Last visit to Monschau: May 2005
  • Intro Written May 29, 2005

• himalia11's Profile Photo
    Oct 30, 2009 at 11:46 AM

Monschau is a lovely place, isn't it? I've been there earlier this year and hadn't heard of this town before.

• Dec 2, 2008 at 3:56 AM

Hello Greg! Thanks for posting some tips on Monschau. They will really help me on my trip there this coming Saturday. Beautiful pictures too! HAPPY TRAVELS!

• pepples46's Profile Photo
    Dec 9, 2005 at 10:45 PM

absolutly beautifl page..Monschau deserves that. maybe, at times overcrowded, but I think its lovely the locals share their place with us. I was born not far from here *..* tks Greg for sharing

• globetrott's Profile Photo
    Jun 24, 2005 at 10:55 PM

I did not know about Monschau, but it looks really nice with these halftimbered houses !

• May 29, 2005 at 3:55 AM

Great start Greg,! Monschau is a really cool place for hiking, a brewery museum there?didnt know that!!

gkitzmil

“diversity and experience are fuel for life”

Badges & Stats in Monschau

Have you been to Monschau?

Latest Activity in Monschau