"Small town worth an hour or more" Sittard by gkitzmil
Sittard Travel Guide: 10 reviews and 22 photos
The tour books bypass Sittard -- and it is true that in nearly every European city you find nice churches and buildings. But having extra time we took about 1 1/2 hours while changing trains in Sittard.
Actually we could have taken 2 or more hours just for a nice walk! Sittard is the second oldest town in Limburg and one of the oldest in the Netherlands!
The Market had some lovely buildings surrounding it.
There are three main churches worth seeing in Sittard -- St. Mathhew, St. Peter's and Our Lady's basilica. In addition the old city is surrounded by a small wall. While the wall is not really impressive you can easily walk around half of it in ten minutes!
- Pros:Small city with history
- Cons:Not the city to be first on your list
- In a nutshell:a good place for a train layover
I did not have time to find out the meaning of each statue in Sittard. But here is another interesting one you might... more travel advice
When strolling around Sittard you'll find many little statues. I found this little irreverant little boy on the main... more travel advice
gkitzmil's Related Pages
Sittard Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Sittard, Netherlands"
- "Small town worth an hour or more"
- "Sittard Geleen"
- "A friendly little town in the South"
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Sittard
- 8 Reviews
- 9 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 2 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (11)
Have you been to Sittard?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Sittard
Photos in SittardSee All Photos (9)
Top 10 Pages
- Las Vegas Intro, 47 reviews, 43 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Maastricht Intro, 36 reviews, 50 photos, 1 travelogue
- Indianapolis Intro, 35 reviews, 40 photos
- Zagreb Intro, 34 reviews, 37 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Bloomington Intro, 32 reviews, 27 photos
- San Francisco Intro, 26 reviews, 27 photos
- Mexico Intro, 26 reviews, 21 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Nashville Intro, 22 reviews, 23 photos
- Indiana Intro, 15 reviews, 29 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Melbourne Intro, 17 reviews, 24 photos, 1 travelogue