"my brief encounter with BC" Province of British Columbia by gkitzmil
Province of British Columbia Travel Guide: 8,707 reviews and 19,754 photos
While I've visited Seattle, USA, several times I'd not been to BC. Last year I was scheduled for a meeting in BC and I literally flew in for the day. I overnighted in Calgary (of course, not in BC, but a fun destination) and I flew in first thing in the AM to Kelowna, had the meeting, drove to wine country for lunch and to explore, and caught an early PM flight back to Calgary!!
Yet this really makes me want to go back!
Kelowna is the largest city in British Columbia’s Okanagan Valley, which is located in the south central region of the province. Easily accessible by car, bus and air, we’re 150 km. (90 miles) north of the United States border and 395 km. (247 miles) east of Vancouver.
Kelowna has become the main marketing and distribution centre of the Okanagan Valley, with a flourishing tree fruit industry and a growing light industrial sector that competes on a world scale. Best known for forestry and the manufacture of boats, plastics, fibreglass, body armour and oil field equipment, Kelowna also has a growing high technology sector that includes aerospace development and service.
Kelowna's airport is the 11th busiest in Canada with approximately 35 scheduled flights a day; it's also one of the fastest growing in North America and a multi-year expansion plan is nearing completion. In addition Skyreach Place, a 6,000-seat multi-purpose facility that’s home to the Kelowna Rockets of the Western Hockey League, attracts major entertainers and events.
In 2010, B.C. will welcome the world for the 2010 Olympic and Paralympic Winter Games in Vancouver and Whistler.
- Pros:I MUST EXPLORE MORE
- Cons:Far from me
gkitzmil's Related Pages
Province of British Columbia Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "OUR TOUR OF BRITISH COLUMBIA BY HIRE CAR"
- "BRITISH COLUMBIA*****WOW"
- "Beautiful British Columbia!"
- "Due West"
- "CANADIAN BEAUTY"
- "British Columbia"
- "From the ocean to the mountains"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Province of British Columbia
- Hotels in Province of British Columbia
- Transportation in Province of British Columbia
- Nightlife in Province of British Columbia
- Restaurants in Province of British Columbia
- Shopping in Province of British Columbia
- Warnings and Dangers in Province of British Columbia
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Province of British Columbia
- 0 Reviews
- 3 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (11)
Have you been to Province of British Columbia?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Province of British Columbia
Photos in Province of British ColumbiaSee All Photos (3)
Top 10 Pages
- Las Vegas Intro, 47 reviews, 43 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Maastricht Intro, 36 reviews, 50 photos, 1 travelogue
- Indianapolis Intro, 35 reviews, 40 photos
- Zagreb Intro, 34 reviews, 37 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Bloomington Intro, 32 reviews, 27 photos
- San Francisco Intro, 26 reviews, 27 photos
- Mexico Intro, 26 reviews, 21 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Nashville Intro, 22 reviews, 23 photos
- Indiana Intro, 15 reviews, 29 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Melbourne Intro, 17 reviews, 24 photos, 1 travelogue