"Greg's Indiana page" Indiana by gkitzmil
Indiana Travel Guide: 2,600 reviews and 5,749 photos
PLEASE DON'T visit ONE part of Indiana and think you've seen the state.
One hour north of my home it is very flat with the 30th largest city in the U.S., Indianapolis. I live on the top of a hill with rolling hills and some trees all around. Within a twenty minute drive is a very large lake surrounded by hills and forrest. Two hours north of my home there are miles of flat farm land with only soybeans and corn. Two hours south of my home is the beautiful and winding Ohio River. It can snow in the north and be beautiful with warm weather in the South.
There are many tales as to why people in Indiana are called "Hoosiers" The story I like best is the story of early settlers living in cabins who would call out "who's there" which became "whose 'er" which sounded like "hoosier." Don't you think they might have yelled out the same thing in other states? (tee, hee)
Anyway the state was founded in 1816 but I was born in this state a few years after that. :-)
If you want to visit a very quaint little town you can visit Corydon, Indiana - the first state capitol..... To see my overview of Indiana University, Bloomington go to the Travelogue located in the box below my photo box
IMPORTANT: MANY PARTS OF INDIANA DO NOT CHANGE CLOCKS FOR DAYLIGHT SAVINGS TIME -- If making an appointment check the local time!!
click here for Indianapolis weather
- Pros:friendly state
- Cons:not a political dynamo
- In a nutshell:the heartland -- but many famous people came from here
The Covered Bridge Festival in Parke County Indiana reportedly greets 2 MILLION people per year. While there are approx.... more travel advice
Indiana tends to be hot and muggy during June and July, cold during December and January and possibly February, rainy... more travel advice
gkitzmil's Related Pages
Indiana Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Home in the Hoosier Heartland!"
- "Indiana: Middle America Personified"
- "Indiana Back Roads and Byways"
- "Back Home in Indiana"
- "Wander Indiana - Really"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Indiana
- Hotels in Indiana
- Transportation in Indiana
- Nightlife in Indiana
- Restaurants in Indiana
- Shopping in Indiana
- Warnings and Dangers in Indiana
- See All...
Explore the World
Badges & Stats in Indiana
- 109 Reviews
- 125 Photos
- 2 Forum posts
- 5 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (11)
Have you been to Indiana?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Indiana
Top 10 Pages
- Las Vegas Intro, 47 reviews, 43 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Maastricht Intro, 36 reviews, 50 photos, 1 travelogue
- Indianapolis Intro, 35 reviews, 40 photos
- Zagreb Intro, 34 reviews, 37 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Bloomington Intro, 32 reviews, 27 photos
- San Francisco Intro, 26 reviews, 27 photos
- Mexico Intro, 26 reviews, 21 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Nashville Intro, 22 reviews, 23 photos
- Indiana Intro, 15 reviews, 29 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Melbourne Intro, 17 reviews, 24 photos, 1 travelogue
Top Indiana hotels
- Indianapolis Hotels
- 535 Reviews - 898 Photos
- Elizabeth Hotels
- 1 Review - 2 Photos
- Chesterton Hotels
- 29 Reviews - 52 Photos
- Michigan City Hotels
- 49 Reviews - 89 Photos
- Fort Wayne Hotels
- 107 Reviews - 156 Photos
- Broad Ripple Hotels
- See nearby hotels
- Columbus Hotels
- 15 Reviews - 29 Photos
- French Lick Hotels
- 19 Reviews - 29 Photos
- Terre Haute Hotels
- 45 Reviews - 50 Photos
- West Lafayette Hotels
- 61 Reviews - 154 Photos
- Bloomington Hotels
- 73 Reviews - 60 Photos
- Mishawaka Hotels
- 9 Reviews - 9 Photos
- Potato Creek State Park Hotels
- 1 Review - 1 Photo
- Shipshewana Hotels
- 25 Reviews - 53 Photos
- Evansville Hotels
- 46 Reviews - 20 Photos