"Time travels and so can we..." gkitzmil's Profile

Life depends on your philosophy

I try being a traveler, not a tourist. I try to touch each place and let it touch me. I try to bring back something into my life but leave the place undisturbed

Time is relative....or not...

My thoughts....(written on a recent birthday)... Age represents our time since birth. Age does not represent our spirit, our attitude, our abilities, our desire to dream new dreams or accomplish new things. We can decide to feel older or determine to feel younger. Likely the worst saying is, "act your age!" Perhaps today I should act more like a 10-year-old!

" I still find each day too short for all the thoughts I want to think, all the walks I want to take, all the books I want to read, and all the friends I want to see.~John Burroughs.
Thanks to my daughter for this great quote!! I would need to add.... "too short for all of the places I want to visit."

ME AND VT: --- VT is a great travel site. Real places profiled by real people who (hopefully) travel. (I say 'hopefully' because some tips can be memories and others can be today's trip.)

If you are looking at my site because you found one of my travel pages interesting then Great and Thanks!

2010: --- China, March 2010: Beijing, Shanghai, Suzhou

MY BIGGER SITES: ---- If you want to know more about the places I know best try Maastricht, NL or Indianapolis or Bloomington, IN or maybe Germany or Melbourne Beach, Fl. If you want my gambling trips after many visits to Las Vegas check out those pages.

If you want to know more about ME then read on with this page.

If you are new to VT, welcome. If you are a pro at VT then you and I share a travel bug!!
I have met great people on VT. I look forward to continuing friendships.

I try to take my camera now so I can record more. Too bad I heard so many warnings about Rio, Brazil in 07 that I left my camera at home!

RECENT TRIPS:
2005 Netherlands -- living in Maastricht
2004 Croatia
2003 China, Shanghai and Beijing

Chile and Argentina

In 2008 I visited Chile and Argentina and Uruguay (March 08). Another fabulous trip!

VTer's come again and again!

Johanl, my good friend from Belgium, and his wife Vist the U.S. frequently. One time I showed them the Indianapolis Motor Speedway!

on one visit we toured Kentucky with them and had a barbecue lunch together (the photo).

pic from Brazil trip March 07

Brazil! While there is SO much of the country to see, I truly felt I got some feel for part of Brazil in Rio and Sao Paulo. The food was enjoyable and the people were very friendly. Here is a photo of just a few from our group on the beach at Ipanema.

WHERE I HAVE LIVED

Rivers seem to play a theme. I've lived near the River Rhine in Germany (long ago), I lived near the River Maas (or Meuse) in Maastricht, NL, several years ago, and now while it is not that close I spend a lot of time along the Ohio River from Cincinnati to Louisville.

Back in 2006 we visted the Tall Stacks Festival where there were dozens of American riverboats. Here is a picture with a paddlewheeler boat and Mt. Adams of Cincinnati in the background!

I would love to live on a beach or a river shore.... but I likely will simply visit both

We visited with JohanL from Belgium

LIVING IN EUROPE, AGAIN

ADVENTURE '05 -- LIVING IN EUROPE

We spent five months living in Europe in the southern Netherlands.

We had lived nearly two years in Germany (Köln) previously!

• Intro Updated Apr 24, 2011

Share your travels with the world!

Join Now!
gkitzmil's Profile Photo

gkitzmil

“diversity and experience are fuel for life”

Real Name