"Time travels and so can we..." gkitzmil's Profile
I try being a traveler, not a tourist. I try to touch each place and let it touch me. I try to bring back something into my life but leave the place undisturbed
My thoughts....(written on a recent birthday)... Age represents our time since birth. Age does not represent our spirit, our attitude, our abilities, our desire to dream new dreams or accomplish new things. We can decide to feel older or determine to feel younger. Likely the worst saying is, "act your age!" Perhaps today I should act more like a 10-year-old!
" I still find each day too short for all the thoughts I want to think, all the walks I want to take, all the books I want to read, and all the friends I want to see.~John Burroughs.
Thanks to my daughter for this great quote!! I would need to add.... "too short for all of the places I want to visit."
ME AND VT: --- VT is a great travel site. Real places profiled by real people who (hopefully) travel. (I say 'hopefully' because some tips can be memories and others can be today's trip.)
If you are looking at my site because you found one of my travel pages interesting then Great and Thanks!
2010: --- China, March 2010: Beijing, Shanghai, Suzhou
MY BIGGER SITES: ---- If you want to know more about the places I know best try Maastricht, NL or Indianapolis or Bloomington, IN or maybe Germany or Melbourne Beach, Fl. If you want my gambling trips after many visits to Las Vegas check out those pages.
If you want to know more about ME then read on with this page.
If you are new to VT, welcome. If you are a pro at VT then you and I share a travel bug!!
I have met great people on VT. I look forward to continuing friendships.
I try to take my camera now so I can record more. Too bad I heard so many warnings about Rio, Brazil in 07 that I left my camera at home!
2010 China - Beijing, Shanghai, Suzhou
2010 US - Pensacola Beach, FL; Louisville, KY
2009 US - Melbourne Beach, FL; Washington, DC and Falls Church, VA ,
2008 Chile and Argentina
2007 Brazil but without a camera
2006 China (again) - Shanghai and Bejing
2006 USA, state of Georgia, Northeast
2006, USA, spending time on the Ohio river
2005 Netherlands -- living in Maastricht
2003 China, Shanghai and Beijing
In 2008 I visited Chile and Argentina and Uruguay (March 08). Another fabulous trip!
Johanl, my good friend from Belgium, and his wife Vist the U.S. frequently. One time I showed them the Indianapolis Motor Speedway!
on one visit we toured Kentucky with them and had a barbecue lunch together (the photo).
Brazil! While there is SO much of the country to see, I truly felt I got some feel for part of Brazil in Rio and Sao Paulo. The food was enjoyable and the people were very friendly. Here is a photo of just a few from our group on the beach at Ipanema.
Rivers seem to play a theme. I've lived near the River Rhine in Germany (long ago), I lived near the River Maas (or Meuse) in Maastricht, NL, several years ago, and now while it is not that close I spend a lot of time along the Ohio River from Cincinnati to Louisville.
Back in 2006 we visted the Tall Stacks Festival where there were dozens of American riverboats. Here is a picture with a paddlewheeler boat and Mt. Adams of Cincinnati in the background!
I would love to live on a beach or a river shore.... but I likely will simply visit both
PHOTO OF SHAKER VILLAGE, CENTRAL KENTUCKY
We visited with JohanL from Belgium
ADVENTURE '05 -- LIVING IN EUROPE
We spent five months living in Europe in the southern Netherlands.
We had lived nearly two years in Germany (Köln) previously!
Top Travel Pages
Explore the World
- Saint Vincent and the Grenadines Hotels
- Dumaguete City Hotels
- Hilton Head Island Hotels
- Bangalore Hotels
- Male Island
- North America
- East London Hotels
- Isla Blanca Hotels
- Montecatini Terme
- Lloret de Mar
- Ho Chi Minh City
- State of Jammu and Kashmir
Share your travels with the world!Join Now!
Badges & Stats
- 848 Reviews
- 1,007 Photos
- 21 Countries
- 68 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (11)
- gkitzmil and Opondili01 are now friends.
- Commented on globetrott's profile page
- Uploaded a Photo to "Time travels and so can we..."
updated their Profile Page "Time travels and so can we..."
- updated a London Travel Page "Greg's London Page"
- Wrote a Review Southern Breakfast!! with Friendly Service about Breakfast in Nashville Restaurants
- Posted in Travel Forum "Re: Holiday in States"
Top 10 Pages
- Las Vegas Intro, 47 reviews, 43 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Maastricht Intro, 36 reviews, 50 photos, 1 travelogue
- Indianapolis Intro, 35 reviews, 40 photos
- Zagreb Intro, 34 reviews, 37 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Bloomington Intro, 32 reviews, 27 photos
- San Francisco Intro, 26 reviews, 27 photos
- Mexico Intro, 26 reviews, 21 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Nashville Intro, 22 reviews, 23 photos
- Indiana Intro, 15 reviews, 29 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Melbourne Intro, 17 reviews, 24 photos, 1 travelogue
- Paris Hotels
- 22500 Reviews - 55076 Photos
- Fort Lauderdale Hotels
- 659 Reviews - 1389 Photos
- Dubai Hotels
- 2702 Reviews - 7927 Photos
- London Hotels
- 23331 Reviews - 48936 Photos
- Manila Hotels
- 2029 Reviews - 4971 Photos
- New York City Hotels
- 15645 Reviews - 31276 Photos
- Baguio Hotels
- 328 Reviews - 894 Photos
- Cancún Hotels
- 1933 Reviews - 3724 Photos
- Orlando Hotels
- 3100 Reviews - 5884 Photos
- Punta Cana Hotels
- 422 Reviews - 1020 Photos
- Playa del Carmen Hotels
- 781 Reviews - 1749 Photos
- Goa Hotels
- 2059 Reviews - 3877 Photos
- Bangkok Hotels
- 10316 Reviews - 22906 Photos
- Rome Hotels
- 12024 Reviews - 26769 Photos
- Istanbul Hotels
- 7829 Reviews - 20234 Photos