"Hammelburg" Hammelburg by MD2nd
Hammelburg Travel Guide: 1 reviews and 6 photos
Hammelburg is a town of Germany's Lower Franconia with about 12.000 citizens. It's about 15 Miles from the town of Schweinfurt, and is considered the oldest wine-growing city in Franconia. Can't say too much about this lovely looking spot except that we did a stop by there since we traveled on Autobahn 7 from south to north. Nothing seemed to be opened even not a tiny bakery or coffee shop. Looked like 7 am Saturdays are not theirs which is not really that early though.
Up to the year 1803, Hammelburg belonged to Fulda. It came in the course of the secularization until 1806 at Oranien Naussau. Under Napoleon's brother-in-law, Marshal Murat, the city was (1806-1810) under French administration. In 1810, it assigned the mutton castle to the new Grand Duchy of Frankfurt. After a short Austrian affiliation, the city was integrated 1816 into the new State of Bavaria. In the years after WWII the total population of the city was increased by refugees from both Eastern Europe and Eastern Germany and starting from 1956 by the German Federal Armed Forces reorganization.
- Pros:Surrounded by lovely landscape.
- Cons:Town is not an early bird?
- In a nutshell:Comfortably located on Autobahn 7.
MD2nd's Related Pages
Hammelburg Travel Guide
Explore the World
Badges & Stats in Hammelburg
- 1 Reviews
- 6 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 1 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (7)
Have you been to Hammelburg?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Hammelburg
Photos in HammelburgSee All Photos (6)
Top 10 Pages
- Berlin Intro, 32 reviews, 94 photos
- Caputh Intro, 22 reviews, 55 photos
- Horn-Bad Meinberg Intro, 21 reviews, 54 photos
- Ferch Intro, 16 reviews, 53 photos
- Rinteln Intro, 14 reviews, 52 photos
- Bad Pyrmont Intro, 15 reviews, 49 photos
- Bonames Intro, 17 reviews, 40 photos
- Potsdam Intro, 13 reviews, 41 photos
- Timmendorfer Strand Intro, 13 reviews, 30 photos
- Bad Wimpfen Intro, 8 reviews, 35 photos