"Bad Meinberg" Horn-Bad Meinberg by MD2nd
Horn-Bad Meinberg Travel Guide: 32 reviews and 89 photos
The installed candles around the Kurpark's sculptures and crafts, are there to say: Herzlich Willkommen - Welcome. The candles seen on the photo, are only a small portion of the sea of light that happens only during so called Grosse Kurparkbeleuchtung around midnight. Grosse Kurparkbeleuchtung is a big candlelight event that belongs to Bad Meinberg's annual Weinfest. This Weinfest takes place in May and lasts 4 days. Entry is free. Main part of this festival is the offer of a selection of wine provided by different wine growers of Germany. Also provided are meals of local cookery, snacks, pizzas, smoked fish.
Also there's live music and an outdoor dancefloor under a hopfully sunny sky, and a rainless night. The Californian Dance Band does some nice, mostly German, mainstream songs. Not sure where the Californian part of the band's name comes from maybe they simply love CA.
The add of the German/Austrian term Bad (=spa) to a town's name like the add of Bad to the town of Horn-Bad Meinberg, is only then given when the presence of Heilbaeder (=medical spas/thermal baths/fountains) is confirmed. The title Bad (=spa) ensures that the certain town provides certain medical conditions which are government awarded.
- Pros:Modest yet marvelous spot, keeping its natural environments. Entry to Kurpark is free.
- Cons:Folks and stores seem to drift from their town to big cities.
- In a nutshell:Very friendly locals, great nature, close to Bad Pyrmont and Detmold.
Avanti is a clean, nice, little Pizza place with great menu to go, or to order by phone. Perfect for ppl in a hurry with... more travel advice
It takes about 20 km by car from Horn-Bad Meinberg to Lemgo. Lemgo is a most lovely city which looks less big than it is... more travel advice
MD2nd's Related Pages
Horn-Bad Meinberg Travel Guide
- Things to Do in Horn-Bad Meinberg
- Hotels in Horn-Bad Meinberg
- Transportation in Horn-Bad Meinberg
- Restaurants in Horn-Bad Meinberg
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Horn-Bad Meinberg
- 24 Reviews
- 65 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 7 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (44)
Have you been to Horn-Bad Meinberg?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Horn-Bad Meinberg
Top 10 Pages
- Berlin Intro, 32 reviews, 94 photos
- Horn-Bad Meinberg Intro, 24 reviews, 65 photos
- Caputh Intro, 22 reviews, 55 photos
- Rinteln Intro, 15 reviews, 55 photos
- Ferch Intro, 16 reviews, 53 photos
- Bad Pyrmont Intro, 15 reviews, 49 photos
- Bonames Intro, 17 reviews, 40 photos
- Potsdam Intro, 13 reviews, 41 photos
- Höxter Intro, 11 reviews, 39 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Bad Wimpfen Intro, 8 reviews, 35 photos