"Paderborn" Top 5 Page for this destination Paderborn by MD2nd
Paderborn Travel Guide: 72 reviews and 279 photos
In the time of May to October, Paderborn provids with an annually Castle Summer Program which is a public presentation of live concerts, shows, different kinds of entertainment, exhibits, workshops, fairs and food. Many of those events, and snack booths, are located at Castle Neuhaus and its Baroque Gardens. In fact it is a lovely location to have those gatherings to be happen right there. Mostly on Sundays and public holidays.
In between, during the month of July, Paderborn's every year done, locally famous Libori Fest, is going to be start. It's a nine-days celebrated, church and people's event. This event is one of the largest and oldest celebrations in Germany like I've mentioned earlier on my former Paderborn page.
However, there are many other opportunities to celebrate in Paderborn throughout the year. The Lunapark Fair, the Spring Festival, the Paderborn shooting festival, the Libori Festival or the idyllic Christmas Market in front of the Cathedral are all highlights of Paderborn's calendar for both city-dwellers and visitors alike.
Paderborn is another example of an old Germanic town that came into being during the wars against pagan religions in the 7th, 8th and 9th centuries AD. In 777, Charlemagne officially baptised this stronghold of the old Saxon peoples and for the next 40 years waged a continuous war to establish Christianity in the area. His success was dramatically proven during Pope Leo’s flight from Rome to Paderborn where Charlemagne met him in the Carolingian Palace and granted him safety, restored him to the papacy and in return became the first of a long line of Holy Roman Emperors based in the Frankish-Germanic regions.
- Pros:Lovely town. Kind locals. Surroundings green-on-green.
- Cons:Can't think of any.
- In a nutshell:Marvelous city in sort of mediterranean mood.
There are plenty of those lovely, little lakes in Paderborn, surrounded by woods and parks providing with sport... more travel advice
The Neuhaus Castle in the Westphalian city of Paderborn was built from 1524 to 1526 in style of Weser-Renaissance. Until... more travel advice
MD2nd's Related Pages
Paderborn Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Paderborn - where the river Pader is born"
- "Paderborn, home to Stockburn & the Libori Fest"
- "Paderborn in East Westphalia-Lippe"
- "Welcome to PADERBORN"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Paderborn
- Hotels in Paderborn
- Transportation in Paderborn
- Nightlife in Paderborn
- Restaurants in Paderborn
- Shopping in Paderborn
- See All...
Explore the World
Badges & Stats in Paderborn
- 7 Reviews
- 21 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 3 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (8)
Have you been to Paderborn?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Paderborn
Top 10 Pages
- Berlin Intro, 32 reviews, 94 photos
- Horn-Bad Meinberg Intro, 24 reviews, 65 photos
- Caputh Intro, 22 reviews, 55 photos
- Rinteln Intro, 15 reviews, 55 photos
- Ferch Intro, 16 reviews, 53 photos
- Bad Pyrmont Intro, 15 reviews, 49 photos
- Bonames Intro, 17 reviews, 40 photos
- Potsdam Intro, 13 reviews, 41 photos
- Höxter Intro, 11 reviews, 39 photos
- Bad Wimpfen Intro, 8 reviews, 35 photos
FriendsSee All Friends (23)
Travel InterestsSee All Travel Interests (1)
Latest Paderborn hotel reviews
- Best Western Arosa Hotel
- 42 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Dec 11, 2013