"Strausberg" Strausberg by MD2nd
Strausberg Travel Guide: 11 reviews and 87 photos
Strausberg is a city surrounded by forests, fields, and lakes. It's an inviting area for doing family vacation or sporting activities. Not sure yet whether this lake has all over public entries? Now, winter to me is the most awful season of the year but bearing with winter at a location like this one, does help to stand the dark & coldness.
Something I really did appreciate about Strausberg's landscape despite my dislike of winter: the light that casts a beautiful blue dim over the snow covered fields, when the sun begins to set.
Strausberg is a small city of about 26.000 inhabitants. It's yet a spot that does offer good reason for exploring town and beautiful region of Brandenburg in particular.
Driving about 40 km up east from Berlin, I made it to Strausberg twice for doing a short visit. And though I think half the fun is actually to simply drive there, as Brandenburg's scenic roads and byways are most marvelous, the town yet provids with its beautiful lake, church, parks, places, a neat mall, and very kind locals.
- Pros:Many sightings along the way.
- Cons:Many road constructions & traffic jams.
- In a nutshell:Very kind locals. A far and wide lovely landscape.
1714 to 1763 Strausberg was a town of permanent military post, base to Brandenburg-Prussian companies. To learn about... more travel advice
MD2nd's Related Pages
Strausberg Travel Guide
- Things to Do in Strausberg
- Hotels in Strausberg
- Transportation in Strausberg
- Shopping in Strausberg
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Strausberg
- 3 Reviews
- 7 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 4 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (8)
Have you been to Strausberg?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Strausberg
- Commented on one of alancollins's Strausberg travel pages
- Uploaded a Photo to "Not crowded, not decadent but plain lovely"
- updated a Strausberg Travel Page "Strausberg"
- Wrote a Review Strausberg, history of a garrison town in 1714 in Strausberg Off The Beaten Path
- Posted in Technical Help Forum "Re: Same here - "build a travel..."
Top 10 Pages
- Berlin Intro, 32 reviews, 94 photos
- Horn-Bad Meinberg Intro, 22 reviews, 58 photos
- Caputh Intro, 22 reviews, 55 photos
- Ferch Intro, 16 reviews, 53 photos
- Rinteln Intro, 14 reviews, 52 photos
- Bad Pyrmont Intro, 15 reviews, 49 photos
- Bonames Intro, 17 reviews, 40 photos
- Potsdam Intro, 13 reviews, 41 photos
- Timmendorfer Strand Intro, 13 reviews, 30 photos
- Bad Wimpfen Intro, 8 reviews, 35 photos