"GNIEZNO - the cradle of Poland." Top 5 Page for this destination Gniezno by Askla
Gniezno Travel Guide: 31 reviews and 82 photos
From the legends we learn that the mythical Lech (who was grandson of Piast, known to be the original founder of the Polish state) was out hunting with his brothers. He then saw a white eagle and its nest. A nest is GNIAZDO in Polish. Lech said he would build his own nation here, giving it the name from the nest and the white eagle becoming the emblem of his nation.
- In a nutshell:It was here it all started.
One of the most important historical monuments of the region is the Cathedral - the place where St Adalbert is buried as... more travel advice
St. Adalbert, also known as St. Adalbert of Prague (or in Polish as St. Wojtech), was born in 956 and killed in April... more travel advice
Askla's Related Pages
Gniezno Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Welcome to Gniezno"
- "GNiEZNO - under construction"
- "GNIEZNO - the cradle of Poland."
- "GNIEZNO - the first capital of Poland - 966"
- "Gniezno, Poland"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Gniezno
- Hotels in Gniezno
- Transportation in Gniezno
- Shopping in Gniezno
- See All...
Explore the World
Badges & Stats in Gniezno
- 8 Reviews
- 16 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 1 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (10)
Have you been to Gniezno?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Gniezno
Top 10 Pages
- Gdansk Intro, 73 reviews, 336 photos, 7 travelogues
- Krakow Intro, 45 reviews, 151 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Torun Intro, 36 reviews, 130 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Poznan Intro, 32 reviews, 79 photos, 3 travelogues
- Kuala Lumpur Intro, 25 reviews, 82 photos, 2 travelogues
- Kiev Intro, 32 reviews, 75 photos, 1 travelogue
- Vilnius Intro, 31 reviews, 72 photos
- Trier Intro, 29 reviews, 65 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Amiens Intro, 19 reviews, 72 photos, 1 travelogue
- Sighisoara Intro, 22 reviews, 59 photos, 1 travelogue