"Plovdiv, one of the older cities in Europe." Plovdiv by Askla
Plovdiv Travel Guide: 452 reviews and 1,220 photos
Plovdiv has numerous historical sights, both older and newer ones. Amongst the most well-known sights are:
the Roman Theatre, Forum and Stadium
the Nebet Tepe Hill
the Dzumaya Mosque which is one of the oldest in Balkan
the National Revival Houses
the Bachkovo Monastery 30km south of Plovdiv.
Plovdiv is the second largest city in Bulgaria with close to 340.000 inhabitants. It has always been a very strategic place because here four main trading routes have crossed each other since ancient times.
- Pros:An interesting old town with much history.
Plovdiv is one of the oldest cities in Europe that has been continuosly inhabited until present day. There has been... more travel advice
This is not a real tip for Plovdiv since Bachkovo is some 30km south of town but still close enough to be an easy... more travel advice
Askla's Related Pages
Plovdiv Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "My home city - European Cultural Capital for 2019"
- "City on the seven hills"
- "Bulgaria's Second City..."
- "Old Town"
- "Plovdiv, one of the older cities in Europe."
- See All...
- Things to Do in Plovdiv
- Hotels in Plovdiv
- Transportation in Plovdiv
- Nightlife in Plovdiv
- Restaurants in Plovdiv
- Shopping in Plovdiv
- Warnings and Dangers in Plovdiv
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Plovdiv
- 21 Reviews
- 34 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 2 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (27)
Have you been to Plovdiv?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Plovdiv
Top 10 Pages
- Gdansk Intro, 75 reviews, 339 photos, 7 travelogues
- Istanbul Intro, 72 reviews, 218 photos
- Krakow Intro, 45 reviews, 151 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Torun Intro, 38 reviews, 133 photos, 3 travelogues
- Ravenna Intro, 33 reviews, 88 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Poznan Intro, 35 reviews, 80 photos, 3 travelogues
- Kiev Intro, 33 reviews, 75 photos, 1 travelogue
- Fes Intro, 28 reviews, 78 photos
- Kuala Lumpur Intro, 24 reviews, 81 photos, 2 travelogues
- Vilnius Intro, 32 reviews, 72 photos