"Härkeberga Church - a painted treasure." Härkeberga by Askla
Härkeberga Travel Guide: 2 reviews and 48 photos
The Härkeberga church was built in the beginning of the 14th century, except for the porch which was added around 1480 - 85, at which time also the vaults were made and the frescoes were created. The frescoes in the vaults have never been whitewashed whereas the walls got whitewashed in the 18th century. We can therefore notice a significant difference in colours when we compare the vaults to the walls.
The crucifix is the original one, also from the begining of the 14th century.
- In a nutshell:A stunning experience.
At the same time as the last overhaul of the paintings were undertaken, also tests were done to determine exact what... more travel advice
Askla's Related Pages
Härkeberga Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Härkeberga Church - a painted treasure."
- "A little gem: Härkeberga church"
- "Härkeberga Church - a special one"
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Härkeberga
- 2 Reviews
- 32 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 1 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (21)
Have you been to Härkeberga?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Härkeberga
Top 10 Pages
- Gdansk Intro, 75 reviews, 339 photos, 7 travelogues
- Krakow Intro, 45 reviews, 151 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Torun Intro, 37 reviews, 133 photos, 3 travelogues
- Ravenna Intro, 33 reviews, 88 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Poznan Intro, 35 reviews, 80 photos, 3 travelogues
- Kiev Intro, 33 reviews, 75 photos, 1 travelogue
- Kuala Lumpur Intro, 24 reviews, 81 photos, 2 travelogues
- Vilnius Intro, 32 reviews, 72 photos
- Trier Intro, 30 reviews, 66 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Amiens Intro, 20 reviews, 72 photos, 1 travelogue