"Amiens, wealthy from dyening with indigo." Top 5 Page for this destination Amiens by Askla
Amiens Travel Guide: 141 reviews and 388 photos
Amiens is nowadays perhaps most well known for the sound- and light show at the Cathedral, showing the statues from the Middle Age in their original colours. But there is also the Jules Verne's House where he lived from 1871 until he died in 1905. He married a woman from Amiens in 1857.
Amiens is nowadays home to ~135.000 people.
One of the largest collections of stained-glass windows in the whole of France is exhibited here, not far from the Cathedral.
- Pros:The laser-lit statues at the Cathedral are a must see.
- In a nutshell:A historical place, easy to reach.
Amiens is an old city, it was known as the roman Samarobriva (bridge over Somme) as early as in the 1st century BOT.... more travel advice
At the northern side of the choir, opposite to the tomb of Saint Firmin, there is a high relief depicting the life of... more travel advice
Askla's Related Pages
Amiens Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "We keep coming back and discovering more."
- "Amiens, wealthy from dyening with indigo."
- "In the shadow of the cathedral!"
- "A good base for a history lesson"
- "Le Macassar CORBIE"
- "Amiens, en Picardie"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Amiens
- Hotels in Amiens
- Transportation in Amiens
- Nightlife in Amiens
- Restaurants in Amiens
- Shopping in Amiens
- Warnings and Dangers in Amiens
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Amiens
- 20 Reviews
- 72 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 2 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (21)
Have you been to Amiens?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Amiens
Top 10 Pages
- Gdansk Intro, 75 reviews, 339 photos, 7 travelogues
- Krakow Intro, 45 reviews, 151 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Torun Intro, 37 reviews, 133 photos, 3 travelogues
- Ravenna Intro, 33 reviews, 88 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Poznan Intro, 35 reviews, 80 photos, 3 travelogues
- Kiev Intro, 33 reviews, 75 photos, 1 travelogue
- Kuala Lumpur Intro, 24 reviews, 81 photos, 2 travelogues
- Vilnius Intro, 32 reviews, 72 photos
- Trier Intro, 30 reviews, 66 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Amiens Intro, 20 reviews, 72 photos, 1 travelogue