"Narva, the easternmost point of Estonia." Top 5 Page for this destination Narva by Askla
Narva Travel Guide: 54 reviews and 146 photos
Narva is situated at the easternmost point of Estonia, overlooking the Russian town of Ivangorod at the other side of the Narva River, and the frontier location is its most characteristic feature. Here meet two civilizations each other ? the Catholic European and Orthodox Slavonic.
The town was heavily bombed in the WWII so most buildings have been rebuilt after the war.
It is the third largest town in Estonia (Tallinn and Tartu are more populous) with a population of ~60.000 people.
Due to the favourable location close to the confluence of the Narva River into the Baltic Sea, a stronghold was built... more travel advice
This is perhaps not a tip of what to do but it might be interesting to know that the Narva River is on the Estonian side... more travel advice
Askla's Related Pages
Narva Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Two big castles"
- "around narva:from vasknarva to lahemaa n.p."
- "Brave Narva"
- "Narva, the easternmost point of Estonia."
- "barcodex's new Narva page"
- "kylamees's new Narva Page"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Narva
- Hotels in Narva
- Transportation in Narva
- Nightlife in Narva
- Restaurants in Narva
- Shopping in Narva
- Warnings and Dangers in Narva
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Narva
- 14 Reviews
- 27 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (27)
Have you been to Narva?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Narva
Top 10 Pages
- Gdansk Intro, 75 reviews, 339 photos, 7 travelogues
- Istanbul Intro, 72 reviews, 218 photos
- Krakow Intro, 45 reviews, 151 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Torun Intro, 38 reviews, 133 photos, 3 travelogues
- Ravenna Intro, 33 reviews, 88 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Poznan Intro, 35 reviews, 80 photos, 3 travelogues
- Kiev Intro, 33 reviews, 75 photos, 1 travelogue
- Fes Intro, 28 reviews, 78 photos
- Kuala Lumpur Intro, 24 reviews, 81 photos, 2 travelogues
- Vilnius Intro, 32 reviews, 72 photos