"Who and What is Quousque Tandem?" quousquetandem's Profile

Current travel strategy is to travel to warm climates, where things are less expensive than at home, the people are friendly, the food is good, and there is something to do other than lying on the beach all day. I figure that if I pay $100-150 a night for a hotel room, I can only afford to travel once a year. But if I pay $25-50 (or less) a night, I can travel maybe three or four times. For me, it's a no-brainer. All I need is clean sheets, preferably in a room of my own. And no cucarachas or other unwanted visitors. My record is $1.50 a night (with breakfast) for two in Luxor. Have also paid $6.00 a night in Addis. Not to boast or anything.

Welcome any tips for travel destinations within this current strategy of mine. If anyone has other suggestions, feel free to shoot me an email.

I love learning languages, which I have done partly through listening to music. Studied the usual Western European languages at school. Have dabbled in Russian and Polish. Italian and Catalan. Hungarian and some Finnish. Fluent Swedish and French. Several years ago I crashed and burned in my attempts to learn Arabic in Egypt. A first for me. The crashing and burning with languages. A trip to Thailand left me baffled when faced with Thai. Then I tackled Hebrew, which put up a fight, but I am making steady progress.

I have been travelling less the past few years due to lack of funds, the global economic crists, the low value of the US dollar, and a big car loan! But I still manage to fit in an annual trip to Israel in the winter.

Oh. I work for an airline in customer service. As a problem solver mostly.

• Intro Updated Dec 22, 2013

• iblatt's Profile Photo
    Jul 2, 2010 at 1:41 PM

Happy Birthday and happy Fourth of July! Ilan

• iblatt's Profile Photo
      Jul 27, 2013 at 2:08 AM

Good to see you on VT again! Get in touch with me before your next visit to Israel (winter 2014??) Ilan

• quousquetandem's Profile Photo
      Dec 22, 2013 at 4:24 AM

Yep! Watch out! הינה אני בא! Next month, as you predicted! Can you recommend a good place to do a nature hike in January, weather permitting, of course. We are leaning towards the Mitzpeh Ramon crater at the moment. But I have heard good things about the Arabella. Or maybe Judean hills?

Share your travels with the world!

Join Now!
quousquetandem's Profile Photo

quousquetandem

“Eastern Mediterranean”

This member has not been ranked.
No VT rank yet.