"Malaysian Borneo!" Kota Kinabalu by wrangler_blk
Kota Kinabalu Travel Guide: 1,058 reviews and 2,781 photos
Well, Borneo is a huge island situated to the East of main Malaysian peninsula.
It's divided into two parts one of them is Malaysian in the North and the other one is Indonesian in the South plus one more tiny state of Brunei is located in the North.
Two states of Malaysia on the island are Sabah and Sarawak.
We have been to Sabah with its capital Kota Kinabalu or KK as they call it!
We flew by Air Asia, the budget airlines of Malaysia, clean, safe and friendly!
The cost of airfares is realy funny! 3 return tickets from Kuala Lumpur to KK we got for 100 US$!!!
Travel time from KL to KK is about 2,5 hrs. We arrived to KK at midnight and took a taxi to get us to the city. Taxi ride is not so long but costs some 45 MYR (about 13 US$), at the normal rates inside the city for the same distance is about 20 MYR. So, if you booked hotel in advance ask them to give you an airport transfer, you'll safe 45 MYR :)
On return way back from the city to airport pay 30 MYR!
The common question for those who visits state of Sabah is what to see out there..
The first is to prepare yourself for minimum a week staying here. We ran everywhere and like to see everything within 2 days but many things left unseen..
1. Orang utang orphanage near to Sandakan, travel time from KK to Sandakan is about 5-6 hrs with, of course, a night spending there, so it takes at least 2 your days!
2. Mount Kinabalu climbing.. needs a night spending there, so it takes at least more 2 your days too!
3. Kinabalu Park and Hot spring Poring with canopy ride! A day tour is enough to see everything.
4. Long-house in Kudat. We didn't do that and willing to do in the next!Need to travel about 5 hrs so this tour also takes much time!
5. Rafflesia blossom in Tambunan Rafflesia center. A day tour.
Keep your rest days for city sightseeing and, of course, visiting KK Wildlife Park, can find it in my pages..
Swim in the South China Sea.
Walk through tiny and delicious restaurants, we liked one near X-Backpackers Hostel named "Borneo ....".. forgot its name, eat tasty beef soup, Chinese style, sure you'll like it!
Who stays in Sabah more than 2 days I advise to go to Sepilok Orangutang Sancturary. We didn't do that but sure we'll do... more travel advice
wrangler_blk's Related Pages
Kota Kinabalu Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Kota Kinabalu"
- "Malaysian Borneo"
- "KK (as it is commonly known)"
- "SABAH & KOTA KINABALU"
- "Of Mountains,Islands & Headhunters. Don't miss it!"
- "KK Has It All!"
- "Kota Kinabalu"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Kota Kinabalu
- Hotels in Kota Kinabalu
- Transportation in Kota Kinabalu
- Nightlife in Kota Kinabalu
- Restaurants in Kota Kinabalu
- Shopping in Kota Kinabalu
- Warnings and Dangers in Kota Kinabalu
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Kota Kinabalu
- 3 Reviews
- 16 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (2)
Have you been to Kota Kinabalu?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Kota Kinabalu
Photos in Kota KinabaluSee All Photos (16)
Top 10 Pages
- Kuala Lumpur Intro, 9 reviews, 38 photos
- Moscow Intro, 5 reviews, 26 photos
- Riga Intro, 4 reviews, 22 photos
- Athens Intro, 4 reviews, 19 photos
- Kota Kinabalu Intro, 3 reviews, 16 photos
- Paris Intro, 3 reviews, 13 photos
- Dubai Intro, 2 reviews, 13 photos
- Kandy Intro, 2 reviews, 13 photos
- Rila Intro, 2 reviews, 11 photos
- Nuwara Eliya Intro, 2 reviews, 10 photos
No friends yet.