"I'm a traveler, a rambler, a sojourner. . ." traveltime10's Profile

I'm also Traveltime 08

I originally joined VT as Traveltime 08- then my computer crashed while I was on a long trip- I couldn't seem to reconnect, so I just joined again.

2008 was a good travel year for me.

In Jan, due to the generosity of a friend, I spent 10 days recuperating from some surgery in the warmth of Sanibel Island in Fla. I had always heard about the shelling- and it was true. My beach walks were short, but yielded a wealth of sea shells which I am now making into "Sailor's Valentines"

In Feb, I returned to Fla, this time to the Miami area. Spent several days there, and then went with friends on a Caribbean cruise- we enjoyed the time together and were all much happier for the break from winter weather.

In May and June, Ron and I completed our quest to visit all 50 of the United States. Ron only needed North Dakota, while I needed North and South Dakota, Wyoming and Montana. We spent over 3 weeks - flew into Salt Lake City and then did a road trip. Ron enjoyed Yellowstone and the Tetons, also we did a lot of visiting sites that involved the Fetterman name- I really liked Cody, Mount Rushmore and Crazy Horse monuments and downtown statues in Rapid City. We both enjoyed the Badlands.

Since I particularly dislike the cold, I was dismayed to experience snow and avalanches in June. To add insult to injury, one night while we were walking back to our cabin in Yellowstone, the phone rang- friends who were housesitting were calling to send a picture of themselves cooling off in my pool- there were record breaking temps back home. It never got that hot again when I got home!

In August, I spent some time in Charlotte, N.C. where my friend Kim and I attended some classes in various media techniques and writing seminars.

In September, Ron and I were on the road again- spent time in Savannah, and had the opportunity to enjoy dinner at Paula Dean's restaurant - The Lady and Sons. We then had to be in the Tampa/Clearwater area for 10 days of work, but managed to have a lot of fun, and avoided the hurricanes.

In November, I left for almost 5 weeks of travel to Egypt and Europe. Spent time with friends in England, Ireland, Spain, Italy, France, Malta and a very brief visit to Wales. Got back in Dec., and I was very glad that I had hosted a Halloween party before I left, where we got out the Christmas decorations and put up the tree. Otherwise, I don't think I would have had any time to do any decorating and the house would not have looked very festive for the holidays.

I have some travel planned for 2009, but I have had to cut back some plans due to family obligations. Ron and I still plan to travel big in 2010- work will take us to Hawaii for a couple of weeks, and we hope to jump off from there to return to Australia, spend some time in New Zealand, and I am lobbying for some island time in the South Pacific. I'm looking forward to planning that, and friends have requested the pleasure of my company for a cruise somewhere in 2009.

I am also taking my 4 year old great- niece ( who is staying with me for a while) to Disney World in April. We've got reservations for breakfast with Cinderella in her castle, so we are practicing our manners and our curtseys!
We also attend gymnastics twice a week, visit the library twice a week for programs, and as soon as the weather breaks and I can get the pool open, I guess I will be teaching swim lessons again.

I'm not finding much time to set up my VT pages, but I guess I'll get to it.

• Intro Written Feb 21, 2009

• tropicrd's Profile Photo
    Jul 29, 2011 at 5:20 PM

Happy birthday for the 2nd Fran,have a good one.
    Dorrise

• Gillybob's Profile Photo
    Sep 8, 2010 at 9:36 AM

Hi Fran! Looking forward to meeting you and a whole other bunch of VTers in Fredericksburg! Gillybob greetings

• Donna_in_India's Profile Photo
    Aug 3, 2010 at 6:56 AM

Hi Fran - was in transit yesterday so didn't get to wish you a happy birthday. Hope you had a wonderful day!

• riorich55's Profile Photo
    Aug 3, 2010 at 6:48 AM

Oops, missed your birthday, but then again you weren't signed on yesterday so don't tell anybody else.

• ian-uk's Profile Photo
    Aug 1, 2010 at 11:12 PM

Happy Birthday Fran, have a great day and take care, Ian

• zanzooni's Profile Photo
    Feb 25, 2010 at 4:31 PM

Fran: I've been trying to get a hold of you. Can't recall if you said you were going away this month. Let me know what's up!! ~

• Basaic's Profile Photo
    Jan 26, 2010 at 2:49 PM

I may try to make the Virginia VT meet in October. If you are there we will meet each other.

• travelinxs's Profile Photo
    Dec 22, 2009 at 7:25 AM

Thanks Fran. Some 'island time in the South Pacific'? Oh boy.. now Im druling!! Take care.

• grandmaR's Profile Photo
    Dec 12, 2009 at 9:28 PM

We do seem to be on the same page. But we rarely travel in October because the kids come back home for the Oyster Festival. :-(

• jethanand's Profile Photo
    Dec 12, 2009 at 7:31 PM

Greetings - give me a warm beach any day.

Share your travels with the world!

Join Now!
traveltime10's Profile Photo

traveltime10

“Dum vivamus, vivamus! While we live, let us live!”

Ranked Member