"How lucky can one person be!" plan09's Profile

Paris

This was my first BIG trip to Europe. I decided to celebrate my 50th by taking my mom to Paris, it was her 70th!
I enjoyed the planning and got hooked on learning about Paris on the internet.

first night on the Seine

The weather was amazing for all ten days! This was our first nights plan. I highly recommend the night cruise. We went from the locks up and around the Eiffel Tower as it twinkled.

Gelato

There is great debate about Amorino vs Berthillon. Our apartment was across from both. Amorino was our favorite and became a nightly ritual. They shape the cone like a rose.

I love a parade

I learned that the annual Techno Parade would pass right through the Ile so of course we had to join the masses. I still don't know exactly what they were celebrating but believe me I have never seen so much public drinking. It was a blast.

Notre Dame

We attended the Greogrian Chant Mass which was beautiful and moving. Passing Notre Dame going to and from the apartment never got old.

Culture Week

We were lucky enough to enjoy Culture Week. This is a photo of the Mayor's office in the beautiful Hotle DeVille. I loved seeing the Nike sports gear.

Sacré-Coeur

It looks like it was lowered from heaven they way it sits on the hill, breath taking. We took the funicular and the little bus that runs around the town, ending the night with a pass by Moulin Rouge.

And Venus was her name

Ascending the stairs and rounding the corner to come face to cheeks with this icon was amazing.

• Intro Updated Apr 15, 2011

• alza's Profile Photo
    Apr 17, 2011 at 1:50 PM

Hi! what a buzz your Techno parade photo! In defence of electro culture: Techno,House,Transe,Dub,Jungle,etc. Linguo on their website is hilarious, French rapper talk. The rose-shape cone idea is beautiful! Tks for this nice page. You've got mail. :)

• GrantBoone's Profile Photo
    Apr 17, 2011 at 9:16 AM

Nice homepage Brenda !

• icunme's Profile Photo
    Apr 14, 2011 at 5:42 AM

Thank you for your e-mail - do stay in touch and have fun with your Rome planning. :)

• laforstraveller's Profile Photo
    Feb 15, 2009 at 4:02 PM

Thanks for the comment on my Paris pictures. Love going for the different angles and perspectives. Are you planning a trip to Paris?

Share your travels with the world!

Join Now!
plan09's Profile Photo

plan09

“”Travel is the best antidote to prejudice, bigotry, and ignorance.” -- Mark Twain”

This member has not been ranked.
No VT rank yet.