"Pucon, Chile" Pucón by ISPARTACUS
Pucón Travel Guide: 46 reviews and 136 photos
Pucon is a picturesque little town in southern Chile. It is an eleven hour drive by tour bus from Santiago. Pictured here is an example of German arquitecture in the town. Many Germans settled in Pucon and the nearby town of Villarica in the early 19th century.
There are some fine shops that sell German pastry...the real thing....and delicious...hmmmm.
Lake Villarica can be viewed at the edge of town. A better view can be seen at the nearby town of Villarica. From Villarica you can see the whole lake...it is an awesome sight...especially at sun-set.
There is a section of Pucon devoted to the tourist which consist of row after row of fine restaurants and small shops. Here I am dining at one of their fine restaurants. Tourist visit Pucon all year round with skiing in the winter months and boating and swimming in the summer months.
- Pros:Lovely tourist attraction with fine food and shopping.
- Cons:Far, far away from Santiago-A LONG LONG DRIVE
- In a nutshell:Beautiful scenery of volcano and lake-worth the trip.
ISPARTACUS's Related Pages
Pucón Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Pucon Page"
- "Under the volcano!"
- "Pucon: Chile's Active Vacation Capital"
- "Pucón Family Stay and Independance Day"
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Pucón
- 0 Reviews
- 3 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 1 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (1)
Have you been to Pucón?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Pucón
Top 5 Pages
- Arizona Intro, 11 photos, 1 travelogue
- Province of Saskatchewan Intro, 11 photos, 1 travelogue
- Región Metropolitana de Santiago Intro, 2 reviews, 8 photos
- Florida Intro, 3 photos
- Pucón Intro, 3 photos
No friends yet.