"Southern Girl!" scarlettnichole's Profile

I am a southern born girl, who, undeniably, still lives in the South, U.S.A., that is. I really haven't traveled much out of the U.S. except to Bahamas, Mexico and Domin. Repub. I am hoping to expand my travels this March by taking a trip to London, Paris and Germany.

I currently live in Fairhope, Alabama. We are settled on the bay of Mobile in the Gulf of Mexico. Our town is quite beautiful. I know I sound partial, but it is such a quite, quaint town. There are flowers planted throughout the town and they are continuously changed with the seasons. The shops are as unique as the town itself. We are well known for our southern cuisine and seafood. I have become a food snob because I am now spoiled with our wonderful varieties of delicasies! The beach is only 40 min. away, and surprisingly, we rarely go! Yes, it is hot or warm most of the year. I do relish the thought of visiting cooler climates. I encourage anyone in the area to visit Fairhope. We have a great hotel, The Marriot Grand Hotel, which offers visitors plenty to do. It is mostly green here year round, minus the "hard" winter months. You are sure not to be bored!

• Intro Updated Dec 31, 2008

• concord331's Profile Photo
    Apr 28, 2014 at 4:39 PM

Happy Birthday to you :-)

• OH_DK's Profile Photo
    Jan 5, 2009 at 6:08 AM

Welcome to VT from Denmark. I hope you have a nice trip to Europe ;-)

• Jan 1, 2009 at 7:51 PM

Welcome, It is nice to have a "Southern Bell" around. ;) Happy travels. Tom

• Agraichen's Profile Photo
    Dec 30, 2008 at 9:04 PM

Welcome to VT. Looks like you've got a great start on pages of hints and tips for travel....Have a great time in London. Take some day trips, like York or even as far as Edinburgh.

Share your travels with the world!

Join Now!
scarlettnichole's Profile Photo

scarlettnichole

“"One half of the world cannot understand the pleasures of the other."”

This member has not been ranked.
No VT rank yet.