"Brno, Moravia's First city" Brno by jonathanbarker

Brno Travel Guide: 479 reviews and 1,044 photos

A self guided walking tour

Brno is the second largest city in the Czech Republic, but very different from Prague, it is not usually a tourist destination, but is a "university" city which means there are many young people, bars, cafes, and clubs. The centre is the "Freedom Square" or Svobody Namesta, which is triangular and has the Plague Monument in the centre, a market place, a Chronometer (a modern clock) and many bars and cafes around the edge of the "square".
I met a couch surfer Jan Koplas on the Sunday evening, when we had a meal at Cerna Hora Sklep (a cellar bar) in Nam Svobody, we had Cerna Hora beer and a pork steak with salad and chips (fries). After our meal we walked through Brno, and visited the Old Town Hall (Radnice), Zelny Trh (literally Green Market, a vegetable market), Katedra Sv Petr a Pavel, Denisova Sady (a park). The following day I was able to redo the walk, when I was able to take to take photos, visiting the Old Town Hall, where there is a stuffed crocodile called the Brno dragon. The Radnice also has the Brno tourist information office.

• Pros:A pleasent city, easy to explore, plenty of history
  • Cons:None
  • In a nutshell:Brno, city on two hills
  • Last visit to Brno: Oct 2011
  • Intro Updated May 9, 2016

• Odiseya's Profile Photo
    Jun 1, 2015 at 1:18 AM

Nice page! I spend here 3 days and 3 days in nearby Adamovo in 2007. I didn't know about VT back then.

jonathanbarker

“Make the most of your opportunities”

Badges & Stats in Brno