"Brno, Moravia's First city" Brno by jonathanbarker
Brno Travel Guide: 479 reviews and 1,044 photos
Brno is the second largest city in the Czech Republic, but very different from Prague, it is not usually a tourist destination, but is a "university" city which means there are many young people, bars, cafes, and clubs. The centre is the "Freedom Square" or Svobody Namesta, which is triangular and has the Plague Monument in the centre, a market place, a Chronometer (a modern clock) and many bars and cafes around the edge of the "square".
I met a couch surfer Jan Koplas on the Sunday evening, when we had a meal at Cerna Hora Sklep (a cellar bar) in Nam Svobody, we had Cerna Hora beer and a pork steak with salad and chips (fries). After our meal we walked through Brno, and visited the Old Town Hall (Radnice), Zelny Trh (literally Green Market, a vegetable market), Katedra Sv Petr a Pavel, Denisova Sady (a park). The following day I was able to redo the walk, when I was able to take to take photos, visiting the Old Town Hall, where there is a stuffed crocodile called the Brno dragon. The Radnice also has the Brno tourist information office.
- Pros:A pleasent city, easy to explore, plenty of history
- In a nutshell:Brno, city on two hills
Brno is served by trains from Bratislava, Budapest and Belgrade, Prague, and Germany, as well as inter city trains from... more travel advice
jonathanbarker's Related Pages
Brno Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Brno / Brünn - Art Nouveau & strange tombs"
- "Brno - An Expat's View"
- "My fantastic student's life..."
- "J'adore Brno !"
- "Brno (pronounce as Brno, not Berno ;)"
- "Brno - Moravia"
- "A great second city."
- See All...
- Things to Do in Brno
- Hotels in Brno
- Transportation in Brno
- Nightlife in Brno
- Restaurants in Brno
- Shopping in Brno
- Warnings and Dangers in Brno
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Brno
- 3 Reviews
- 1 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 1 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (4)
Have you been to Brno?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Brno
Photos in BrnoSee All Photos (1)
Top 10 Pages
- London Intro, 9 reviews, 24 photos, 4 travelogues
- Dubrovnik Intro, 9 reviews, 10 photos
- Skopje Intro, 6 reviews, 10 photos
- Mostar Intro, 4 reviews, 9 photos
- Reading Intro, 6 reviews, 5 photos
- Reykjavík Intro, 4 reviews, 5 photos, 1 travelogue
- Sowerby Bridge Intro, 1 review, 8 photos, 1 travelogue
- Gdansk Intro, 1 review, 6 photos, 2 travelogues
- Brighton Intro, 4 reviews, 3 photos
- Krakow Intro, 1 review, 5 photos, 1 travelogue