"Sunny day in Brighton" Brighton by jonathanbarker
Brighton Travel Guide: 926 reviews and 1,672 photos
I travelled from my home town of Reading on board a traditional London bus, to attend a rally of buses old and new. The occasion was the 75th aniversary of the formation of the Brighton, Hove and District bus company, which is basically the same organisation which provides an efficient and well run bus company serving Brighton, Hove and the neighbouring towns. I also went for a ride on what was or is Route 17 the tradtional "open-top" bus route which runs along the coastal road to Rottingdean.
Kemptown is an area to the east of the main city and consists of mostly Victorian buildings, small shops, pubs and cafes. It appears to me that this area is visited by locals rather than tourists.
Hove is to the west of Brighton and running along the coast are many Regency buildings.
- Pros:Easy going, bohemian, can easily find a place away from tourists
- Cons:Can get crowded particularly in summer along the promenade
- In a nutshell:A place for everyone to enjoy
In a narrow street not too far from the pier and promenade, I found this little part of Poland, which opened out into... more travel advice
jonathanbarker's Related Pages
Brighton Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Brighton Rocks !"
- "BRIGHTON - THE CITY THAT ATE HOVE"
- "London's naughty seaside retreat"
- "Brighton - The city by the sea"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Brighton
- Hotels in Brighton
- Transportation in Brighton
- Nightlife in Brighton
- Restaurants in Brighton
- Shopping in Brighton
- Warnings and Dangers in Brighton
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Brighton
- 4 Reviews
- 3 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 4 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (2)
Have you been to Brighton?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Brighton
Top 10 Pages
- London Intro, 9 reviews, 24 photos, 4 travelogues
- Dubrovnik Intro, 9 reviews, 10 photos
- Skopje Intro, 6 reviews, 10 photos
- Mostar Intro, 4 reviews, 9 photos
- Reading Intro, 6 reviews, 5 photos
- Reykjavík Intro, 4 reviews, 5 photos, 1 travelogue
- Sowerby Bridge Intro, 1 review, 8 photos, 1 travelogue
- Brighton Intro, 4 reviews, 3 photos
- Gdansk Intro, 1 review, 6 photos, 2 travelogues
- Krakow Intro, 1 review, 5 photos, 1 travelogue