"Jonathan Barker" jonathanbarker's Profile

A little bit about me

I am a keen traveller and am interested in visiting places in Central Europe. So far I have been to France, Spain, Germany, Poland, The Czech republic, Slovakia, Slovenia, Croatia, Bosnia i Herzegovina, Serbia, Bulgaria,Hungary, Romania, Belgium, The Netherlands, Estonia, Turkey and Finland.

I also enjoy writing up my travel experiences and have created a travel blog http://jonathans-journeys.blogspot.com/.

I prefer to avoid the tourist hotspots, and do not tend to use tourist buses and tours, but prefer to use the local buses, trains and also explore cities on foot.

My interests include Socialising, meeting people, history, art, architecture as well as buses, trams, trolleybuses, taking photos and enjoying local food, beer, and traditional music. I sometimes like to get away from the cities and visit the countryside.

I prefer to find a local and independent bar/pub/cafe/restaurant. If the people don't speak English, it gives me the chance to practice/use my phrase book and language skills.

I have been with Virtual tourist since 2009, I attended the Euromeets in Krakow in 2010 and Ohrid 2011 as well as events in the UK (London and Chester and Manchester). I have arranged events and met VT'ers in Poland, Czech republic and soon Copenhagen.

I am beginning to build up pages on the places I visit and like to arrange a meeting in each of the places I visit.

Blog

I have now started to write a blog about my travels and would like to add the link,

• Intro Updated Jan 19, 2012

• jojes's Profile Photo
    Dec 24, 2014 at 3:09 PM

Hi Jonathan. I hope you're having a fun holiday season and I want to wish you all the best for the new year.

• aussirose's Profile Photo
    Nov 14, 2014 at 3:31 PM

Hiya mate. Thanks for signing my postcard and helping to entertain me as a va on the recent Rushbearing meet :o) Hugs, Ann xx

Nov 25, 2014 at 2:41 AM

I hope you have fun, I would be interested in hearing more

• aussirose's Profile Photo
      Nov 25, 2014 at 3:24 AM

Well we are flying via hk to Vancouver then train to jasper then car to Calgary then fly to new Orleans then car via jack Daniels lynchburg to the smokie mountains to savanna to tampa Florida to stay with thetravelslut who has planned a vt meet in her condo in disney world (see the meet on vt) then fly to belize then fly to lax and home via hk. 6 weeks in total. Cant wait! Xx

• briantravelman's Profile Photo
    Nov 9, 2014 at 11:07 AM

Thanks for visiting my Gdansk pages. Enjoy your travels.

• briantravelman's Profile Photo
      Nov 9, 2014 at 2:58 PM

Yeah, I know. All my notifications say, "jonathanbaker wrote a Dubrovnik tip" I will look at those later. You have a lot.

Nov 15, 2014 at 8:49 AM

I have writing up tips about Dubrovnik, and I am now going to write about Mostar & Blagaj

• 68maciek's Profile Photo
    Oct 15, 2014 at 3:40 AM

Hi Jonathan,

Have you heard about it?

Could you please help our friend Victor (hunterV) from Lugansk, Ukraine? - Misce

Cheers,

Maciek

• Odiseya's Profile Photo
    Sep 29, 2014 at 8:42 PM

Thank you for visiting my Doboj page and for your support and feedback! I am glad you liked my country! I hope you will have nice vacation!

• HORSCHECK's Profile Photo
    Sep 29, 2014 at 2:18 PM

Thanks for visiting parts of my Mostar page. Have a great trip to the Balkans. It is an interesting region.

Oct 11, 2014 at 8:23 AM

Your are welcome, I will be entering Dubrovnik in just over two weeks time, the I am having two days in Mostar and Herzegovina

Nov 9, 2014 at 11:20 AM

I have made a start on writing up Dubrovnik pages. I found visiting BIH a challenge but well rewarding. I visited Mostar, Blagaj, Doboj and Sarajevo

• balhannah's Profile Photo
    Sep 8, 2014 at 3:43 AM

Thanks Jonathon for visiting my Oradea page. I forget that one wasn't finished, although I don't think there is much more for me to write. Would have loved to seen the places you did in Romania. I thought it quite a scenic country.

• CeciliaL's Profile Photo
    Aug 31, 2014 at 5:28 AM

Thank you Jonathan. Enjoy the event. Looks like a lot of fun!

• Odiseya's Profile Photo
    Jul 15, 2014 at 4:54 AM

Thank you for Vt friendship! I am glad you like to revisit my country and it is my pleasure and honor to help you.

Jul 15, 2014 at 12:09 PM

You are welcome, let's share happy memories of adventures. I also visit places here in Britain, it's taking time to write about them, but I will

• jo104's Profile Photo
    Jun 9, 2014 at 5:45 AM

belated greetings from sri lanka

Share your travels with the world!

Join Now!
jonathanbarker's Profile Photo

jonathanbarker

“Make the most of your opportunities”

Real Name