"Jonathan Barker" jonathanbarker's Profile
I am a keen traveller and am interested in visiting places in Central Europe. So far I have been to France, Spain, Germany, Poland, The Czech republic, Slovakia, Slovenia, Croatia, Bosnia i Herzegovina, Serbia, Bulgaria,Hungary, Romania, Belgium, The Netherlands, Estonia, Turkey and Finland.
I also enjoy writing up my travel experiences and have created a travel blog http://jonathans-journeys.blogspot.com/.
I prefer to avoid the tourist hotspots, and do not tend to use tourist buses and tours, but prefer to use the local buses, trains and also explore cities on foot.
My interests include Socialising, meeting people, history, art, architecture as well as buses, trams, trolleybuses, taking photos and enjoying local food, beer, and traditional music. I sometimes like to get away from the cities and visit the countryside.
I prefer to find a local and independent bar/pub/cafe/restaurant. If the people don't speak English, it gives me the chance to practice/use my phrase book and language skills.
I have been with Virtual tourist since 2009, I attended the Euromeets in Krakow in 2010 and Ohrid 2011 as well as events in the UK (London and Chester and Manchester). I have arranged events and met VT'ers in Poland, Czech republic and soon Copenhagen.
I am beginning to build up pages on the places I visit and like to arrange a meeting in each of the places I visit.
I have now started to write a blog about my travels and would like to add the link,
Top Travel Pages
Share your travels with the world!Join Now!
Badges & Stats
- 92 Reviews
- 136 Photos
- 13 Countries
- 35 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (2)
- Commented on Britannia2's profile page
- created a Stoke-upon-Trent Travel Page "City of the Six Towns"
- Posted in Travel Cyprus Forum "Re: A week in Cyprus"
- Wrote a Review An interesting & historic building in Banbury Hotels
- Uploaded a Photo to "An interesting & historic building"
- jonathanbarker and penny-precious are now friends.
- Commented on the Keflavík travel guide
updated their Profile Page "Jonathan Barker"
Top 10 Pages
- London Intro, 9 reviews, 24 photos, 4 travelogues
- Dubrovnik Intro, 9 reviews, 10 photos
- Skopje Intro, 6 reviews, 10 photos
- Mostar Intro, 4 reviews, 9 photos
- Reading Intro, 6 reviews, 5 photos
- Reykjavík Intro, 4 reviews, 5 photos, 1 travelogue
- Sowerby Bridge Intro, 1 review, 8 photos, 1 travelogue
- Brighton Intro, 4 reviews, 3 photos
- Gdansk Intro, 1 review, 6 photos, 2 travelogues
- Krakow Intro, 1 review, 5 photos, 1 travelogue