"TUTICORIN OR THOTAKUDI" Tuticorin by mssthirdeye
Tuticorin Travel Guide: 2 reviews and 7 photos
Tuticorin or thotakudi as its called here in tamilnadu is a city in the southern part of tamilnadu.
The city is famous for SALT.
It has a natural harbour,
And as elsewhere in Tamilnadu has old and famous temples.
the town was in the hands of Dutch in the period 1700 .
The SHIVA temple on WGC road is famous one here, its built around 500 years back, and has huge carvings and pillars all around it.
THE DUTCH HAVE BUILT THE CHURCH IN THE 1700'S AND IS VERY INTERESTING TO VISIT
- Pros:CAN BE REACHED BY AIR, good food available,hotel gowrishankar, broadway and sangeetha are good for veg food, sanchi is good for burgers and pizzas and cakes, chitra lodge is good for staying
- Cons:but do arrange for pick up beforehand, Tuticorin is on the seaside and hence will be really hot anytime of the year
- In a nutshell:Tuticorin not just for salt but for temples and dutch churches
mssthirdeye's Related Pages
Tuticorin Travel Guide
Badges & Stats in Tuticorin
- 1 Reviews
- 6 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (4)
Have you been to Tuticorin?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Tuticorin
Photos in TuticorinSee All Photos (6)
Top 10 Pages
- India Intro, 3 reviews, 11 photos, 2 travelogues
- State of Andhra Pradesh Intro, 10 photos, 2 travelogues
- Goa 2 reviews, 5 photos
- Tuticorin Intro, 1 review, 6 photos
- Shravanabelagola 1 review, 5 photos
- Bangalore Intro, 1 review, 4 photos
- State of Tamil Nadu 1 review
- State of Kerala 1 review
- State of Karnataka 1 review
- Jodhpur 1 review