"One-of-a-kind Secret Armenia" Top 5 Page for this destination Armenia by RaffiKojian
Armenia Travel Guide: 715 reviews and 2,723 photos
It's a blend of east and west, it's a mix of Soviet mentality and a free market capitalism that even Stalin was never able to squash, it's the only ancient culture left from Anatolia, it's the survivor of a genocide and attacks which left more Armenians outside of Armenia than inside, it maintains excellent relations with the US, Russia AND Iran, it has thousands of churches and monasteries yet almost no churchgoers, great views of Mt. Ararat but not the mountain, it has the Armenian Navy Band yet no sea, it is full of contradiction, yet makes a sense of its own. You have to go there to understand it, experience it and make sense of it.
- Pros:infinite number of cafes, remote monasteries, unbelievably friendly people, mountain valleys, barbecues galore
- Cons:too many smokers
- In a nutshell:So much to see!
Echmiadzin, often called the Mayr Dajar (Mother Church or Temple) in Armenian is the heart of Armenian Christendom. The... more travel advice
Yep, around the time of Christ, the Armenian King Trdat agreed to go to Rome, where he would accept that Roman Emperor... more travel advice
- Tips and the bill at restaurants and...
- find EVERYTHING under the sun, and then...
- Cheap skiing at Tsaghkadzor
- Opera cafes
RaffiKojian's Related Pages
Armenia Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "LEFT MY HEART BACK IN ARMENIA!!!"
- "Snehulak's Armenia Page"
- "One-of-a-kind Secret Armenia"
- "The land of Noah ?"
- "Armenia - the land of ancient churches"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Armenia
- Hotels in Armenia
- Transportation in Armenia
- Nightlife in Armenia
- Restaurants in Armenia
- Shopping in Armenia
- Warnings and Dangers in Armenia
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Armenia
- 19 Reviews
- 20 Photos
- 1 Forum posts
- 1 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (3)
Have you been to Armenia?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Armenia
- Wrote a Review Mother church - more than meets the eye... in Armenia Off The Beaten Path
- Uploaded a Photo to "Mother church - more than meets the eye..."
- Commented on one of IngaA's Armenia travel pages
- Posted in Travel Armenia Forum "Re: Budget Holiday Possible?"
- updated a Armenia Travel Page "One-of-a-kind Secret Armenia"
- Top 5 Page for this destination Armenia Intro, 16 reviews, 15 photos
- Yerevan Intro, 3 reviews, 5 photos
No friends yet.