"Often Overlooked Do Not Miss It" Green River by RoscoeGregg
Green River Travel Guide: 34 reviews and 110 photos
Many people just blow right past this town. It looks a little rough but it has some real gems to offer. I have been treated very well by many friendly people from Green River. It is located in a great place to jump off into the Utah desert.
It looks a little unfinished and rough but if you look under the surface it is a great place to refit and rest for your Utah Adventure.
On one side you have the Green River to the west is the San Raphael Reef and to the south is the Maze, Horseshoe Canyon and Robbers Roost head north and the Book Cliffs await.
If you are fortunate enough to come through here in the fall do not pass without buying a watermelon. The warm days and sandy soil make this a perfect environment for melons.
I am not kidding these are without a doubt the worlds best.
Dee Holiday is one of my personal heroes. He was one of the first guides to really promote low impact use of wild rivers. He was dismissed by many at first but now many of the techniques he developed are standard operating procedures.
His company is based here. They offer top drawer river trips specializing in oar powered trips.
- Pros:A great location with nice people
- Cons:It looks a little rough
- In a nutshell:Look under the surface and have a real experience
The environment and the history at Green River combine to produce melons of the very finest quality. The soil is loose... more travel advice
RoscoeGregg's Related Pages
Green River Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Out There Where NO Place IS Close"
- "My Slow Ride on the Green River"
- "More than a gas stop"
- "Often Overlooked Do Not Miss It"
- "Green_River's Helpful info"
- "Green River"
- "San Rafael Swell"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Green River
- Hotels in Green River
- Transportation in Green River
- Restaurants in Green River
- Warnings and Dangers in Green River
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Green River
- 3 Reviews
- 10 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 2 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (13)
Have you been to Green River?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Green River
Photos in Green RiverSee All Photos (10)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Kansas City Intro, 42 reviews, 150 photos
- Venice Intro, 18 reviews, 83 photos, 1 travelogue
- Italy Intro, 13 reviews, 85 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Fort Scott Intro, 26 reviews, 72 photos
- Rome Intro, 15 reviews, 71 photos, 2 travelogues
- Florence Intro, 15 reviews, 61 photos, 1 travelogue
- Pittsburg Intro, 9 reviews, 32 photos
- Kansas Intro, 13 reviews, 27 photos
- Arches National Park Intro, 8 reviews, 32 photos
- United States of America Intro, 7 reviews, 28 photos