"A Small City Among The Live Oaks" Eastland by RoscoeGregg
Eastland Travel Guide: 4 reviews and 16 photos
Eastland is a very nice small town in the hills west of Dal/FtWo. It has struggled over the last few decades like the rest of small town America. It now seems to be bouncing back.
As the boom of oil in that started in the 30's winds down Eastland is returning to it's roots. Ranching and the associated services. This is a real chance to see some of the real Texas. The one I remember from my youth.
Many of the buildings were build during the WPA days of the depression. The Post Office, the County Courthouse and the Town Square are a real American classic.
The Square is surrounded with pretty well filled businesses and shaded by beautiful Pecan trees. There are benches to sit and relax on including two that are huge on the south side of the Courthouse.
Take a load off on a hot afternoon and enjoy a cold Dr. Pepper like we did when I was a wee lad.
From the Eastland Hotel and the Majestic movie theater( both newly restored) to the well preserved town square the people in this town are making a heroic effot to come back. So stop off here and meet some of the friendly people and help support a great town.
- Pros:Very Nice People and Well Maintained Town
- Cons:More people do not stop and support them
- In a nutshell:Want to vist real America? This is it.
RoscoeGregg's Related Pages
Eastland Travel Guide
Badges & Stats in Eastland
- 1 Reviews
- 7 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (9)
Have you been to Eastland?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Eastland
Photos in EastlandSee All Photos (7)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Kansas City Intro, 40 reviews, 142 photos
- Venice Intro, 18 reviews, 83 photos, 1 travelogue
- Italy Intro, 13 reviews, 84 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Fort Scott Intro, 24 reviews, 70 photos
- Rome Intro, 15 reviews, 71 photos, 2 travelogues
- Florence Intro, 15 reviews, 58 photos, 1 travelogue
- Pittsburg Intro, 9 reviews, 32 photos
- Arches National Park Intro, 8 reviews, 31 photos
- Kansas Intro, 11 reviews, 27 photos
- United States of America Intro, 6 reviews, 24 photos