"A Classic American City" Top 5 Page for this destination Kansas City by RoscoeGregg
Kansas City Travel Guide: 706 reviews and 1,612 photos
This midsized american city has a ton to offer. It is struggling with flight to cupcake land like all american cities but it still fights to keep it's charm and energy intact. Look around a little and you will have a fantastic visit here.
Kansas City has a ton of great art. The Kansas City Art Institute brings young vibrant artists from around the globe to study. Many stay and leave their mark. Kansas City was home to many very sucsessful mid to large firms in the 19th and 20th century. The owners of these companies have spent lavishly to bring art to Kansas City. DO NOT MISS THE FOLLOWING!!
1. The Nelson Art Gallery FREE
2. The Henry Moore Sculpture Garden FREE
3. The Kemper Art Musem FREE
They are all within walking distance of each other.
Great Parks!! Loose and Kaufman Gardens
The Kansas City Jazz age is often thought to be past. Visit the 18 and vine area to see artifacts from the Kansas City jazz age. Do not stop there find some jazz being played live while you are here. It is avalible most weekends.
Do not miss the BBQ. There is also a thriving local resturant culture. I can highly recomend visiting the 39th and Stateline Road area and the Crossroads District just north of Crown Center. They each have great local resturants.
If you have the good luck to be in K.C. on the first friday night of the month vist the crossroads area for First Fridays. All the resturants and Art Galleries stay open and there are lots of people walking from place to place to see the art.
- Pros:Suprisingly Great Culture
- Cons:You Need A Car.
- In a nutshell:Stay In Midtown And Explore
This is one of those places that you find in America that is tucked into a faceless strip mall. Do not be put off by... more travel advice
Kansas City is a city of parks. This rather large park is on a prominent point of land attached to the Liberty Memorial.... more travel advice
RoscoeGregg's Related Pages
Kansas City Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Live on Either Side"
- "Kansas City, Missouri"
- "A Classic American City"
- "Kansas City- one of a kind"
- "Cow Town on the Crossroads of the Unique"
- "Up to Date in Kansas City"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Kansas City
- Hotels in Kansas City
- Transportation in Kansas City
- Nightlife in Kansas City
- Restaurants in Kansas City
- Shopping in Kansas City
- Warnings and Dangers in Kansas City
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Kansas City
- 41 Reviews
- 147 Photos
- 7 Forum posts
- 3 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (12)
Have you been to Kansas City?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Kansas City
- Posted in Travel Florence Forum "Re: Charming restaurant for a..."
- Wrote a Review Very Good Locally Owned Thai Food about Thai Food in Kansas City Restaurants
- Uploaded a Photo to "The Best Frozen Desert West of The Tiber"
- updated a Kansas City Travel Page "A Classic American City"
- Commented on one of Camille_W's Kansas City travel pages
Photos in Kansas CitySee All Photos (147)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Kansas City Intro, 41 reviews, 147 photos
- Venice Intro, 18 reviews, 83 photos, 1 travelogue
- Italy Intro, 13 reviews, 85 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Fort Scott Intro, 26 reviews, 72 photos
- Rome Intro, 15 reviews, 71 photos, 2 travelogues
- Florence Intro, 15 reviews, 61 photos, 1 travelogue
- Pittsburg Intro, 9 reviews, 32 photos
- Kansas Intro, 13 reviews, 27 photos
- Arches National Park Intro, 8 reviews, 32 photos
- United States of America Intro, 7 reviews, 28 photos