"A Small University Town On The Plains" Pittsburg by RoscoeGregg
Pittsburg Travel Guide: 11 reviews and 44 photos
This town has not given up on it's core. Most of the old store fronts are filled with local businesses.
There isa a nice mix from pharmacies and a sears to cafes. There has been a large effort to keep the buildings up and useful. It is a great way to see what a pre war pre farm crash town in the U.S. would have looked like.
The Saving Grace for Pittsburgh is the University. It is the economic anchor that the town needs to keep going. There is a little of the collage town feel. But unlike many towns it is not overwhelming.
It began as a technical school and still has some of that feel. They are a little sports crazy.
- Pros:It is a small city with friendly people.
- Cons:It is a small citiy
Just north of Pittsburg is a small preserve for the American Bison. If you have never seen one or if this is your only... more travel advice
Many of the folks that built Pittsburg were from the Balkans and they started a festival that continues today. This is... more travel advice
RoscoeGregg's Related Pages
Pittsburg Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "A Small University Town On The Plains"
- "University of Pittsburg"
- "Lovely people of the sun-shine state"
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Pittsburg
- 9 Reviews
- 32 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 3 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (13)
Have you been to Pittsburg?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Pittsburg
- updated a Pittsburg Travel Page "A Small University Town On The Plains"
- Posted in Travel Paris Forum "Re: Taxi from airport"
- Uploaded a Photo to "See The Emperor Of The Plains"
- Wrote a Review See The Emperor Of The Plains in Pittsburg Things to Do
- Commented on one of coloradochris's Pittsburg travel pages
Photos in PittsburgSee All Photos (32)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Kansas City Intro, 42 reviews, 150 photos
- Venice Intro, 18 reviews, 83 photos, 1 travelogue
- Italy Intro, 13 reviews, 85 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Fort Scott Intro, 26 reviews, 72 photos
- Rome Intro, 15 reviews, 71 photos, 2 travelogues
- Florence Intro, 15 reviews, 61 photos, 1 travelogue
- Pittsburg Intro, 9 reviews, 32 photos
- Kansas Intro, 13 reviews, 27 photos
- Arches National Park Intro, 8 reviews, 32 photos
- United States of America Intro, 7 reviews, 28 photos